Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Saniflo – Can you take them apart?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Our 4 year old Saniflo which pumps out waste form the kitchen has started making funny noises. Some times it pumps out fine, others it sounds like its straining, and then the motor doesnt stop working, but sounds like its straining.

Can you take these things apart easily, or should I leave well alone?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’d have a crack at a kitchen one. Wouldn’t with a bog one though.

matt_outandabout

Why do you never speak to saniflo? Because they are full of sh*t.

Yes you can. Yes they are full of poop.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    meehaja
    Free Member

Pumps tend to go, sound like your float mech might be sticking though? If you’re in Leeds I can give you one for parts?

totalshell

yeh they pop apart it ll be something stuck in it .. it always is.. saniflo charge 170 just to turn out..

rickk

If it’s like the toilet version then the diaphragm which detects level has started to stiffen and will need replacing. A pretty easy job and Saniflo are helpful with spares.

You MUST power down before you start work – sharp blades!

gears_suck
    Free Member

I fit these sometimes and thank god, I haven’t been called back to one yet. 😕 I just touched wood bytheway!

cliffyc
    Free Member

I’d get someone in who knows what they are doing,not someone just going through the motions…………..(sorry).

misterduncan
    Free Member

I’ve stripped ours apart three times. Once to fix the remote switch (corrosion) and twice to extract the remains of a sanitary towel from the macerator.

It’s pretty easy. You will get water everywhere though. If you want to get to the electrical bit, you’ll need a tri-wing screwdiver.

matt_outandabout

I’d get someone in who knows what they are doing,not someone just going through the motions……..

What a crap joke. I bet you are relieved to be out of this thread.

sbd16v
    Free Member

they use saniflo toilets on nuclear submarines, its safe to say I have had them apart MANY a time.

never had anything to do with the sinks thou lol

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Yep, they do come apart. It always pleases me no end to see our most idle of fitters at work kneeling in a pool of god knows what, pulling the one under the canteen sink apart!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Well we have decided to get an engineer out. £75 call out + parts 🙁

To be honest its not been serviced since new, and probably needs it!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Saniflo – Can you take them apart?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts