Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sandy trails – Best Tyre – Narrow of wide?
  • robbo1234biking

Ok so what do people reckon is best? I am still running my mud tyre but the trails are drying up now and not muddy but a lot of the local trails are quite sandy. Is a narrow tyre better to cut through the sand or is a wider tyre to sit on top better? Currently running mud pro’s but thinking of changing over to fire xc pros. Any advice welcome!

Guilliano
    Free Member

I tried Bonty Mud X on a dry sandy trail once….. never again!!! I’m using Bonty Jones ACX 2.2 at Woburn Sands now and they are spot on for traction without being draggy on hardpack

scruff
    Free Member

-WIDE-

coffeeking
    Free Member

Wide – paddles over the top, drifts a bit but narrows dig in and upset the applecart IMO/E

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i was loving my maxxis swampthings in all conditions untill i borked my knee.

robbo1234biking

Might change them over before tonights ride then and see how the fire xc’s go- run them at quite a high pressure?

Guilliano
    Free Member

Lower pressure for sand….. spread the weight so it doesn’t just dig in and spin

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

depends,

are we talking sandy trails like riding in sand dunes or sandy trails riding at Cannock/Chicksands? If its the former then nothing short of one of those surly bikes will work. If its the latter then just about anything will work.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sandy trails – Best Tyre – Narrow of wide?’ is closed to new replies.