Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sandwell valley park locals ……anyone out tomorrow ?
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Haven’t been to Sandwell valley park in ages and now with talk about the new MTB route etc , just wondered if any one else is heading out that way for a spin tomorrow ?

itsallgood

What new route?

Keef
    Free Member

there’s a couple of hundred meters of surfaced single track with a few nice little berms in bumder wood (Jubilee wood)
    rest is all unofficial natural stuff really.
    drying out nicely in places,quagmire in others still.
    I ride there most days,but prob. going up the Chase tomoro………

composite
    Free Member

Is it worth riding over from Kings Heath for what’s there?

Keef
    Free Member

if it’s a nice day and you want a nice chilled loop,yes.
    otherwise no.as per usual,local knowledge is the key.
    I’ve got a 20 mile loop including the Valley,but most of it is very ‘cheeky’ and loops over Barr Beacon,Aldridge etc….

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Composite, im over by you and thought id have a look over there tomorrow morning … rode there a few yrs ago doing a heart foundation ride, was ok and dont forget its where the red bull 24hr first started 🙂 …. so cant be that bad .. just not that hilly ….

@ itsallgood … there was a post on here a few weeks ago ,a 1.5 mile trail been built, got the go ahead and the moneys sorted etc …

Keef
    Free Member

a lot of the red bull stuff was made for the events,and isn’t there now….

shindiggy
    Free Member

See here

Sandwell

Will officially open in five weeks.

somouk
    Free Member

I’m out most days around the Valley, stop and say hi if you see me on the Red ST4.

Not really paid much attention to the new trails really but will take a look next time I’m out. The last time I rode them the issue was identifying where they went as the sign posts either hadn’t been completed or were badly designed arrows recessed into the wood which were very hard to see at speed.

dibboid
    Free Member

Stumpy, I would of been interested except I’m facing a 15hr shift tmw so a no go for me. I’m only in coesely.

I’ve got a 20 mile loop including the Valley,but most of it is very ‘cheeky’ and loops over Barr Beacon,Aldridge …..

Interested in that too.

Keef
    Free Member

sneaky peak this morning,looking good !

Keef
    Free Member

dibboid – Member

I’ve got a 20 mile loop including the Valley,but most of it is very ‘cheeky’ and loops over Barr Beacon,Aldridge …..
    Interested in that too.

ah,it’s only singlespeedable,I’m afraid,but happy to show people round,long as they aint got them dangler thingies…….
    😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sandwell valley park locals ……anyone out tomorrow ?’ is closed to new replies.