Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Sandwell Valley New Trail… Open Yet?
  • naffa
    Free Member

I did 3 laps today and combined them with a few sections of singletrack. The surface is getting better as more ride it, it wasn’t half as loose as a few days ago.
    I’ve got a couple of pics of the drop on one of the black sections but its nothing to worry about.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Will, I’ve got a game for tomorrow. Who can huck furthest down that little drop. 😀

I_Ache
    Free Member

Really struggling to see how that is a drop, is the entry really fast or something? Is it actually a 5ft drop to flat?

To me it just looks like a not very steep roll in.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

@I_Ache- It isn’t really a drop at all, just a roll in. It’s hard to get some proper speed to huck all the way down it, either. It’s nothing really.

nwill1 and I went today and it is very short but a lot of fun. We did 4 laps and then played on the pumptrack. No way should it be called a black, though. I just hope beginners don’t do the ‘black’ at Sandwell and then go to a centre at Wales or Scotland thinking they’ll be perfectly fine. It could end badly.

I would say that some of the jumps aren’t very well thought out, though. There’s one on the last black section that I physically can’t clear because of the size of it versus the speed of the trail, and that’s cranking at it with no braking. There’s also a few tabetops on flat or uphill sections, though.

I’d definitely go back, though. It’s perfect for interval training or just generally ragging round.

naffa
    Free Member

I’m viewing it as my local skills loop. Its close enough 2 pop there at anytime do a few laps then ride the natural stuff

dibboid
    Free Member

This still happening tonight folks?

dibboid
    Free Member

Bump as a reminder as I don’t want to be there with the doggers. 😳

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Sandwell Valley New Trail… Open Yet?’ is closed to new replies.