Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sandstone Way
  • fergal
    Free Member

Trying to convince myself to do this over two days, as it’s local. The ball ache of loads of country roads and grassy fields is putting me off, in my mind it is more of a cycling tour than mountain biking, am i wrong, convince me.

mrlugz
    Free Member

MrsLugz did it last year.

Said it was a load of grassy fields with downhill pedaling, country roads and gates.

Came back covered in sheep shi…

She enjoyed it though.

whitestone
    Free Member

My wife and I did it last year. Old skool MTB rather than riding round in circles in a wood getting air. Two days was adequate time without racing, I think I’d need a lot of cafe stops to get it to three days.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    windydave13
    Free Member

Depending on where you’re based, i mapped out the last part of it out from Bellingham to Hexham with the idea of getting dropped at one end and picked up with the other. https://www.strava.com/routes/6057280

It does look to be a lot of road but could just be that section.

Bregante

There’s an excellent article in the latest issue. 2 days looks ideal.

Squidward

Yes – there are lots of country road and grassy field sections. But they’re all just part of that type of long distance riding.

Cycling tour? Depends on what you mean by a cycling tour? I’ve heard of a hardy few completing it on a CX bike, but I wouldn’t want to make it that uncomfortable. A light hardtail would be an ideal choice.

There’s a 7 page article on the route in the current issue (108) of the Singletrack mag. Well worth a read.

smashit
    Free Member

In good weather its a great couple of days journey by bike. Some long sections without passing through towns or much ‘civilisation’ so take some supplies!
    There is a decent amount of riding on tarmac, but its broken up so you are never on-road for long periods of time.
    Definitely worth it for someone local. Light XC bike is perfect.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sandstone Way’ is closed to new replies.