Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sanderson owners (and anyone else really): travel
  • trebord
    Free Member

Hi all, I know my Life is designed around a 100mm fork, however, I've recently acquired a 90–130 Talas and want to have a play with it!
    So, wondering if I need to be careful of extending the travel. Does anyone out there run longer forks on 100mm designed frames? Seems to me the Sanderson's headtube is short (105mm on my 18") and at an OK angle (71deg) to go longer.. ?
    Is it the case of design purpose–i.e. Sanderson see the frame as a relatively light and nimble trail ride, suited to XC and endro-type outings (rather than a beefy, hardcore, hard-hitting ride)? Or is there a more serious concern with geometry and possible stress/damage to frame due to the increased fork length?
    Please help to guide/reassure/save my Life!

alpin
    Free Member

i've got a breath and have run it for a short while with 80mm before getting a set of Revs with u-turn.

i would often run it at 130mm on descents in the alps. steering is a little slower at slow speeds but not enough to catch you out. i used to have it built up fairly beefy with 28mm rims and 2.4" Maxxis tyres.

run it at 120mm for most of my riding now (no longer in the alps)

CaptJon
    Free Member

currently have xmc130s on my breath

boxelder

I've just put 110-140 Revs on mine and it was surprisingly good (even on the tight hairpin climbs at Whinlatter). Downhill is ace, so long as you weight the fork.

steelrider
    Free Member

Rebas @120mm on my breath

Leku
    Free Member

Am looking at getting a Life at the moment (insert joke here) and have been told that running my 120mm Recon's would be fine.

trebord
    Free Member

thanks people, good to be reassured..

boxelder

They're long and low, with very similar angles etc to a Soul (Life has steeper HT). Adj travel is the way to go.
    If getting a Life, be aware that any rotor bigger than 160 will foal the chainstay (Hope Pro2 hub anyway). Takes paint off when removing/fitting wheel at 160mm. That's the only complaint of mine though – great frame.

willej

Pikes run at 120mm on my Breath too.

alpin
    Free Member

agree with boxelder.

other than rotor/chainstay, top job!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sanderson owners (and anyone else really): travel’ is closed to new replies.