Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sanderson Blitz actual weight…
  • vancoughcough
    Free Member

anyone know? I see 4.6lbs is claimed for 18in but what is the real story?

scaredypants

wikileaks suggests 8.7lb, and massive scale corruption and embezzling within the company

Steelfreak
    Free Member

I’ve got a Blitz, but I’m not going to strip it just to weigh the frame (sorry). It’s an excellent, strong frame that handles like a dream, but if you are a weight weenie then the ‘Life’ or ‘Breath’ might be better bets…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    vancoughcough
    Free Member

We all specify different builds. I have no wanting for a +6lb frame. It’s my money. Even if it is more than 6lb I am sure it is as good as you say but I want 5.5lbs or less from a steel frame. And so, in this instance, I wish to know its weight. Sanderson say 4.6lbs but this sounds a little erm.. optimistic.

I’m not a weight weenie, though I do specify a weight for me that works i.e. 500g rims rather than 400, 700g tyres rather than 500g or 900g…

So, anyone else?

Steelfreak
    Free Member

I would be very surprised if the frame is over 6lbs. If Sanderson say it is 4.6 lbs, then I would imagine it will be within a few ozs of this. I’ve had mine over a year, but do not recall the frame feeling particularly heavy when building it. (The whole bike is a similar weight to the Cotic Soul that preceeded it.)

vancoughcough
    Free Member

hmm CRC must have printed the wrong weight, the 18in is almost 6lbs not 4.6lbs…

I still like the frame, but it’s more heft than I will do justice.. I have no need for that kind of strength, I’m heavy, but I am not riding off garage roofs. Shame though, I would love a steel long-ish travel frame, but would rather be around the 5lb weight mark… such a thing must exist?

Perhaps I should look more toward 100-120mm fork travel for a steel project.

hora
    Free Member

Anyone weighed one??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sanderson Blitz actual weight…’ is closed to new replies.