• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by ctk.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sandblasting a frame in Cardiff
  • SaxonRider

Any recommendations?

I’m finally starting to dismantle that old road bike I mentioned in an old thread, and just want someone to strip the frame before I paint.

Of course, if someone tells me I should just do it all myself, I’m all ears, but will need some guidance on where to start.

milky1980
    Free Member

For alloy frames I had my 5 done at Euro Powdercoatings down on the Wentloog Industrial estate. If it’s steel then Castle Coatings on the Western Industrial Estate have done work for friends to a high qualty.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Have a look for a chemical stripper. It’s much kinder to a frame than blasting.

SaxonRider

Thanks for that. I should have said it’s steel.

wiggles
    Free Member

Can’t remember where he was from but had a bloke come into the shop asking if we could repair a steel tandem frame he was sand blasting for someone and it had bent significantly during the process 😆

So not him…

Blast coat in Cwmbran(I think) do powder coating specifically for bikes so I would imagine they might no what they are doing with stripping too.

ctk
    Free Member

http://customclassics.biz/

A car place but did a frame for me £40 iirc. In Barry Docks- worth a visit to see all the cars/junk lying round!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sandblasting a frame in Cardiff’ is closed to new replies.