Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • san marino – the restaurant
  • MadBillMcMad

Anyone been ?

Is it any good?

Got a child free week and looking for a night out in Bolton area.

geoffj

Not been for about 20 years, but The Wilton nearby was OK a couple of times last year.

samuri
    Free Member

You realise it’s a bit remote don’t you?
    Only ever been for a drink which was nice enough.

geoffj

You realise it’s a bit remote don’t you?

It’s relative.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Nice enough similar to the Toby on broadhead road price wise. I like their Souvalaki. Think it’s better than ciaobaby.

easygirl

The sister restaurant il toro in Horwich is better , but San Marino is good for a mid week meal

MadBillMcMad

thx all.

remote. that made me laugh.

samuri
    Free Member

You said you were going for a night out in the Bolton area implying you’d be going around Bolton. You’re hardly going to walk out to Belmont are you? So for Bolton, yes, it’s a bit remote.

MadBillMcMad

coming from near Entwistle it is almost civilisation.

Quite tempted by the Il Toro menu.

philbert31
    Free Member

If you go to il Toro let us know what you think, I’ve been thinking about taking the other half for a while but usually end up somewhere else.

voodoo_chile

Nice Italian food .is it the one by Leyland

voodoo_chile

Nice Italian food .is it the one by Leyland

easygirl

Philbert
    Il toro is really nice, we have been lots
    Good quality food and wine, and prices are reasonable
    Never had a bad meal there

traildog
    Free Member

I want to know which ‘one by Leyland’ does goes food. Do you know the name of the restaurant?

D0NK

il toro was nice when we went, mate goes there a lot.

justme
    Free Member

Went a few years ago – left without paying following a row with the manager over the shite service and general lack of cleanliness in the place (he was arrogent enough to believe that there are plenty of other people to go so why worry if a few didnt come back!!)
    wouldnt recomend it to anyone there must be other places in bolton
    theres a nice greek place in horwich centre that does a decent meze (sp)
    G

izakimak
    Free Member

Being a leylander the only one i can think of would be san marco at much hoole which is supposed to be good,. The greek in horwich is called sokrates £18 for the meze or £12 if you like them on facebook.

lodious
    Free Member

We went there years ago, they had put a bottle of wine on the table and asked us if we would like it opening as we were seated. I asked how much it was….£35. (Twice the cost of the average back then) that stunt cost them the tip.

binners

If you’re in Entwistle and you want a decent Italian, have you tried Bellini in Rammy? Its been under new management for a couple of months, and its excellent! Plus, you’ve a few decent pubs (and a brewery!) within a quick stroll of there, if you want to make a night of it!

easygirl

Il toro has changed owners about 2 years ago
    Food not much different, but management much better

MadBillMcMad

report back on Il Toro – excellent.Had a great meal.
    Thoroughly recommended. The panna cotta desert was the best my wife has had & she is a bit of panna cotta buff.

On Bellini – we went in about a week before it changed management – unlucky – it was shite. Glad to hear the new people are better but I am totally put off. I do want to go to that cheese tasting place though.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘san marino – the restaurant’ is closed to new replies.