Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • San Marino rivington
  • amsterdan
    Free Member

Hi I’m planning a ride around rivington/winter hill and would like to do the San Marino decent can anyone point me in the right direction. I can get to the masts but I’m new to the area and have no idea where to look for the fabled Marino

plumber
    Free Member

carry on past the mast away from rivington

about 200m on your right – through gate and thats the start

good luck

binners

Its a footpath you know? So would be very, very naughty indeed to ride down it! 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

when you thinking of going?

go past the mast on the road and as the tarmac road veers left there is a double track to a gate that is San Marino

wors

Place you’re £10 land permit fee under the stile on the left hand side please, We’ll be along later to collect. Ta

binners

Have you filled out your forms in triplicate to Lord Lowe? He gets trigger happy with the blunderbuss otherwise, as all weekend he’s off his head on opium

sefton
    Free Member

if there are men roaming in the trees at the bottom, what ever you do don’t go to investigate 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

he’s off his head on opium

Odd name for a real ale from a micro brewery

lowey

Distinct lack of applications recently. The hounds will be released!

amsterdan
    Free Member

Haha thanks for the replies will be going tonight about 8ish will watch out for blunderbuss carrying opium lords

philbert31
    Free Member

I’ll be out riding around there tonight, might see you!

davetrave
    Free Member

Watch out for militant fell runners around Rivi, who seem to be getting quite, err, militant about MTBers on footpaths, especially following UU’s decision regarding events…

Post number 7 on page 1 especially ranty…! Although there are plenty who take the more helpful view of advocating the Scottish system being implemented south of the border…

lowey

At 8pm we may well be chasing you down it on the way to the pub!

Enjoy… its riding ace at the moment.

amsterdan
    Free Member

Philbert if you see anyone on a trek looking lost that will be me will be riding up from the dog kennels

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

and don’t forget to post up your Strava times after
    […runs for cover]

amsterdan
    Free Member

Managed to find it and was having a great time until I managed to go over the bars and land on my head ouch. Helmet definatly saved my bacon and is looking a little roughed up but what a great little descent. Are there any more like that around rivington/winter hill? Also feel a lot better about my carbon bike now I know it can take a hit or two

plumber
    Free Member

theres the line to the left form where you start San Marino

ice cream run obviously

I like the garden run too

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘San Marino rivington’ is closed to new replies.