Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • San Marco Rolls – opinions?
  • RustySpanner

Quite fancy one of these for my old road bike.

I’ve got a Velo Ti cutaway on there at the mo, very comfy but falling to bits.
    Charge Spoon on the MTB which I like, and have always got on with SDG Bel-Airs and the Brooks B17’s as well, for comparison.

However, fancy something a bit retro for the old road bike – I do like Brooks but they can be a bit of a faff in winter and they’re getting very expensive now.

Anyone used a Rolls? What do you reckon?

wwaswas

I had one ‘back in the day’ – was very happy with it, did 1000’s of miles on mine. From what I remember there wasn’t much ‘give’ in it – it either fitted you, or it didn’t – so might be worth seeign if you can try one.

james-o
    Free Member

lovely saddles.

i ride a genesis OE saddle or madison Flux most of the time and they’re both the same Velo-based saddle as the Spoon and i love the Rolls. I like the SDG too.

grim168
    Free Member

Did lejog on mine. Very good saddle for the money.

FuzzyWuzzy

Used to be my standard saddle choice (people seemed to divide into Turbo, Rolls or Concor users). I ended up switching to a Concor as it fitted me better but the Rolls was OK, they look good on most retro builds which is always a start.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Selle Italia Turbo for proper retro!

I started off on the above, which started hurting overnight after about a year. A Rolls did the same a year later. Try one!

tony_m
    Free Member

Got Rollses on both Pomps and the Kaffenback. They’re pretty firm, there’s not a lot in the way of padding, and no fancy cutouts, but I find them very supportive and comfy. FWIW, the furthest I’ve ridden in one day was about 80 miles, with no undue numbness afterwards.

SimonT
    Free Member

Have used Rolls on and off for years. Prefer B17 but Rolls are weatherproof. Used to have a Rolls on my audax bike so they must be OK! But saddles are personal and it really depends if it fits you.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Yup, great saddle, Would only replace with a Brooks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘San Marco Rolls – opinions?’ is closed to new replies.