Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • San Francisco car parking suggestions – leave for 2 days
  • scaredypants

Anywhere sensibly priced that anyone knows of ?
    Touristy area, I suppose (N-NE cornerish)

mechanicaldope

I went with some mates some years ago and stayed at the green tortoise hostel. Parked the car at a semi attended place just round the corner. Went to collect the car again two or three days later to find there wasn’t a pane of glass left in the car… Was very glad we had taken out some additional insurance! So, top tip – don’t park there.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    woody2000

Define sensibly priced? Cheap motel and leave it in the car park?

m0rk
    Free Member

11yrs ago, all I remember was parking was bloody expensive.

If you don’t need to leave anything in the car, it might pay to return the hire car & pick a new one up

Pigface
    Free Member

Long stay at nearest airport?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

N NE?

You mean North Beach et al?

Don’t bother – I lived there for 2 years & parking is a bitch.

Maybe the Safeways in the Marina….

scaredypants

hmmmm,
    beginning to think that dumping the car back to hire co and then rehiring might be the winner

markgraylish
    Free Member

I was there on business last year, staying near that pyramid building, so pretty central to business area and there were several car parks close by but all v.expensive. I think I was paying $50+ per night in my hotel. Good job I could claim the expenses!

PeteT

Parking is a nightmare in SF. Avoid it if you possibly can.

That said, if you do want to hang onto the car try this place: http://sfmotelcapri.com
    Parking is included and on the premises (unlike a lot of parking in SF). I’ve stayed there before and it’s been fine.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘San Francisco car parking suggestions – leave for 2 days’ is closed to new replies.