Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • San Francisco bike shop recommendations
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As above really! Anyone got any good ones to go drool look at? Blingier the better! Might even be treating myself to something shiny….!

Oh, and anywhere good for a beer and a meal would be appreciated too!

djglover
    Free Member

You like fixies right? You’ll love it there

Dottie’s True Blue Cafe is a MUST for breakfast

BikePawl
    Free Member

For an interesting meal you could try the “Stinking Rose”
    Mmmmmmmm garlic ice cream

Taff
    Free Member

Down on the pier for food or head to Sausilitto. there was one really good bike shop I walked past but can;t remember the name. Will see if I can find something to jog my memory

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

djglover – Member
    You like fixies right? You’ll love it there

*Calls BA to cancel*

😉

njee20
    Free Member

Mike’s Bikes is worth a mooch, mainstream stuff, but lots of it and plenty of bling when I was there a couple of years ago.

shaggy

Mojo and American Cyclery are both good.

one_bad_mofo

It was a few years ago that I was there, but American Cyclery is definitely worth a look.

ElShalimo

Food – try Chinatown & the Columbus area is lively

choron
    Free Member

My top tip is to ignore the town centre. Head down to Valencia street in the Mission district and check out Valencia Cyclery (Valencia & 22nd) and Freewheel Cycles (Valencia & 20th).

Then head to Beretta for a decent meal, followed by coffee at either Four Barrels (bit further north) or Ritual (near to Valencia Cyclery).

Easily my favourite part of SF: bylaws mean that all of the shops are small independent affairs, while the hipsters are friendly and the coffee is good.

ScotlandTheScared

For bikes:
    Mojo and American Cyclery as mentioned above.

One of the best meals I had last time I was out in SF was at Cafe Zeotrope (owned by Francis Ford Coppola) which is in the Columbus Building – great italian food at a decent price. Don’t worry, I don’t think horse’s head is on the menu. Wikipedia page here:
    Cafe Zeotrope

There are lots of other good eateries in the vicinity of Comumbus Tower (North Beach area). The stinking Rose is there for example – bit too garlicky for me though.

verses

Not sure about bike shops, but food/beer-wise take a drive/ride through Golden Gate park and have lunch at the Beach Chalet overlooking the Pacific ocean.

I couldn’t decide which of their home brewed beers to have so went for their “Circle of ales” which got me a 1/3rd of a pint sampler of all of them 🙂

lardman
    Free Member

well…. if you’re over for a while, then i used to go to Cambria Bicycle Outfitters. They used to have a great selection and have been around for aeons (like me)

….a good 4 hour drive through some spectacular scenery, and great riding, it’s a quite a way from San Fran.

Rolled my first San Andreas outta’ that shop some 20 years ago.

sputnik
    Free Member

Roaring Mouse bike shop.
    http://www.roaringmousecycles.com/

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My thanks to ScotlandtheScared, just had an ace meal at Zeotrope. Marvelous.

Thanks to all of the others, too! Thankfully, there aren’t too many fixes. Which is nice.

drofluf
    Free Member

Citizen Chain on Brannan (?) have some lovely bikes, really friendly too. Was in there and they invited me to the Critical Mass that night. Even offered to lend me a bike for it.

flashes
    Free Member

American Cyclery, it’s a must………
    Then cycle over the Golden Gate,down to Sausalito, dinner, then ferry back….

http://goldengateferry.org/schedules/Sausalito.php

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Chris @ Roaring mouse cycles – he is a top guy!! I stayed outside his house in an Rv on my first trip to California in 2010 (we couldn’t find an Rv park near Fairfax), having never met him before! We even got a beer thrown into the bargain and a great night out at the 2am bar.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

+1 for the Mouse as well..

Try this place for brunch..Cliff House

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘San Francisco bike shop recommendations’ is closed to new replies.