Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Samsung Washing machine RANT
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

We got a new Samsung washing machine in October. It was noisy when new but has got worse and levelling the legs simply doesn’t work and it vibrates across the floor. The calibration program has no effect.

We call AO.COM, they put us through to Samsung the engineer turns up. He runs the calibration program, looks in the back and says everything is fine. We run the spin cycle and the machine is vibrating and noisy still. The engineer shrugs, says he has done everything he can as nothing is broken and asks for £80.

We ring AO again and get put through the Samsung again. We are advised that the machine is noisy because of the floor and it should only be used on a concrete floor so we should move it. The last washing machine in exactly the same place didn’t bounce around like a banshee. Samsung are certain that there machine has hi-tech sensors around the drum to prevent vibrations and therefor it is our fault and the reason the old machine was quiet was because it wasn’t a hi-tech machine.

We are now left with a machine that is too noisy to have in the house and the suggestion that we build a concrete bunker to house it in.

Anyone else got a Samsung EcoBubble 8KG WW80J5555MW?

Does it make more noise than a cement mixer full of bricks?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Silly suggestion, but you’ve taken the transport spacer thingy’s out?

Rorschach
    Free Member

3/10.Spelling’s too good and lack of capitalization.

longmover
    Free Member

We have the 9kg version and find it reasonably quiet with no excess vibration. It is located on a concrete floor.

pk13

I’ve got One its whisper quite.

Beagleboy

I thought exactly the same as Spooner…because I forgot to take the transport bolts out of ours. Jeepers, it was terrifying!

johndoh
    Free Member

Surely the engineer would have spotted it if the transportation bolts hadn’t been removed?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Transport bolts removed on delivery. No that amateur

km79
    Free Member

We are advised that the machine is noisy because of the floor and it should only be used on a concrete floor so we should move it.

Were you advised that at time of purchase? Send it back for refund if not.

leffeboy

Isn’t the standard procedure nowadays to video it and stuck it in their Twitter feed 🙂

Tallpaul
    Free Member

I’ll have to check ours when I get home, but a google of the model number throws up images identical to our Samsung Ecobubble.

I wouldn’t call it quiet, but I don’t think it’s excessively loud. Ours stand directly on concrete floor though.

EDIT: What sort of floor is yours stood on?

tjagain

You are not supposed to wash bricks in them User error!

ebygomm
    Free Member

I wouldn’t call it quiet, but I don’t think it’s excessively loud. Ours stand directly on concrete floor though.

As above, we have an 8kg ecobubble (not sure of exact model but it’s a few years old now)

doris
    Free Member

We have the same washing machine and it is very loud!! it was pretty quiet when we first got it but has got louder and louder and does its best to escape out of the kitchen!!

Ours is on a normal wooden floorboard floor though so does bounce around a bit, its still going strong though after nearly two years use by a family of messy herberts and has out lasted the previous two machines when i decided buying the cheapest one in the shop was becoming a false economy.

And it sings a cheery little song when its finished 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Doris – sounds just like ours. Have you tried to calibration trick? It seems to calm it down for a while.

AO are exchanging it for a Meile tomorrow at a reduced extra cost to us.

doris
    Free Member

Not tried the callibration trick, to be honest i never read the instructions 😀 but i think i will give it a go.

Other than the noise it does seem to work pretty well considering its washed all kinds of rocks/sticks/mud toys that the kids leave in their pockets and i forget to check for and it has a five year warranty (obviously its never washed any rocks :wink:)

result on the posh upgrade!

NewRetroTom

You could try some of those Axxios vibration absorbtion stickers?

http://singletrackworld.com/2017/08/magic-stickers-mystically-allegedly-reduce-vibrations-on-bikes/

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I think there is a fault with this specific machine which is made worse by being on a wooden floor.

The engineer looked in the back of the machine for less than a minute but long enough to confirm the transit bolts were removed, the drum rotated and the dampers were connected.

The self calibration relies on various sensors on the drum to get a good balance. If any of the sensors were faulty then it wouldn’t balance and would vibrate a lot.

The engineer agreed it was vibrating a lot but put it down to the wooden floor.

Samsung a refusing to do anything as their engineer has deemed the machine to be working and it is all being blamed on the wooden floor. No further discussions will be entered into and I need to write a letter to their Customer Support team to explain, again, my greivence.

An expensive washing machine given we have had to replace it after just 3 months.

takisawa2

Have you got it the right way up ? 😀

Transport bolts aside, there isn’t a polystyrene bracing/packer inside that’s been left in / broken off etc, is there ? Did he actually have the top off ?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Sorry I can’t help but brick video reminds me of this….

johndoh
    Free Member

Absurd that they can sell a product that shouldn’t be used on the type of floor that the majority of users will want to site it on.

It’s like selling a mountain bike that shouldn’t be used on bumpy terrain.

redmex
    Free Member

My samsung must be 5 year old now and has turned grumpy and loud but still washes fine and plays the wee tune at the end although the early years it was whisper quiet
    Now that my 5 year free ‘tee is up it will probably break
    Cant believe the eng wanted £80 id have told him to jump

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

We did tell the engineer to leave unpaid.

I think there are 2 separate things here:

1) Our machine had a fault from the start because it was loud immediately after calibration and then grew louder until we calibrated it again. This was why we eventually called the engineer. The engineer said there were no broken parts and blamed the floor so Samsung are saying it is nothing to do with them and I appear have no recourse other than writing a letter.

2) Samsung are selling washing machines that are not suitable for use on wooden floors. They make no mention of this at any point until you call tech support at which point they advise you to replace your floor with a concrete floor and it is nothing to do with them and I appear have no recourse other than writing a letter.

Now do I send one letter or two…

Jason
    Free Member

We have just had a three year Samsung machine replaced under warranty by Samsung. We first spotted the door seal was starting to fail, and within a few days the noise on the spin cycle got really loud. Luckily when we bought it Samsung were offering a 5 year warranty on the machine. The engineer who came out replaced one of the concrete weights which was starting to crack, and replaced the seal. A few days later the door seal failed again and the noise returned. Re-visited again by the engineer who replaced bits again, again it failed pretty quickly. On his third visit the engineer confirmed that he couldn’t figure out what was causing the problem and decided the best option was a new machine. Samsung were a little bit difficult to deal with as they wanted the repair company to keep replacing different parts, in the end they agreed with the ‘expert’ opinion of the engineer that it was sensible to replace. New machine has been fine since. Glad we had the five year warranty! Ours is on a solid concrete floor.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Sounds like a policy of taking the engineers statements as fact regardless of what the customer says…

…until the engineer agrees with the customer that there is a fault and then you disregard the engineer…

…until really forced to do something.

Shame, I chose the Samsung based on my experience of their other electronic products, S8 is my current phone for example, and now the wife thinks I am a cheap skate for not just replacing the previous Miele with a new one. 14 years without issue so I guess I should have but the cost!!

winston
    Free Member

He was not an engineer.

jonlawton
    Free Member

Exact same issue here with exact same machine bought from AO.com in December and being collected by them in 3 days for full refund. AO said they could do nothing until Samsung saw it, so wait 10 days for them. Samsung engineer said “it was not broken” so he could do nothing. Blamed my wooden floor. So we tried my 10 year old Hotpoint in exactly the same place while he watched and filmed it on his phone. No noise, no movement, did not try to shake the house to bits. He then agreed that my floor was not the problem and said Samsung technical would contact me to sort me out. They didn’t get in touch. AO then admitted there was a “well known issue” with Samsung machines not working on timber floors and suggested I should have read the manual (before purchase?). I kicked off at this point and now Samsung UK have “agreed to issue AO an uplift number so I can have a full refund – as a gesture of goodwill” Hilarious. Has taken over a month to sort out. All over a bl**dy washing machine! Interestingly AO said LG and Meile had the same problems, so maybe they use the same tech inside?

Speeder

winston – Member
    He was not an engineer.

Said like a true engineer 😆

andyl
    Free Member

He was not an engineer.

+1

(well he could be, but not in that role)

Domestic appliance repair technician?

hot_fiat

My mum and dad have an LG washing machine that dances around the wooden floor of their utility room. LG technicians have been out to see it several times, swapped the feet out for special wooden floor feet, concrete floor feet removed the sodding feet, put the originals back in again, all to no avail. Its crap.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Try supporting the floor by bricking up underneath the washer. I have done this in my house and it seems to work.
    My Samsung washer went to the Auction house after two years and got replaced by a Siemens. Although that’s just broken but its only a Shocker gone faulty.

clevertrevor
    Free Member

Good tellies, crap washng machines. Ours tries to leave the room it’s in when spinnng, motor sounds rough after less than 2 years, and doesn’t seem to rinse that well. But apart from that….!
    Shoulda stuck to tried and tested manufacturers. Previous cheap,as chips indesit did 15 years loyal service, sniff.

TheDTs
    Free Member

EcoBubble 9kg seems fine on a wooden floor here.
    Quite quiet TBH. Quieter than the Hoover one that went bang after 1 week, 20p coin split outer drum, two fingers from Hoover.
    The Samsung also plays a nice tune when it’s finished a cycle.

me1tdown
    Free Member

WCA, would it be an option for the machine to be moved outside (where presumably the floor is not wooden) and then run a spin cycle?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

The Miele arrived this afternoon and Samsung removed. Very impressed with AO.Com service.

Read the user guide and Miele recommend placing their machine on a concrete floor but we don’t have one so we didn’t. The Miele went in exactly the same place as the Samsung was removed from.

We followed the instructions as normal and ran an empty first wash. No surprise that it was quiet on the spin cycle when empty.

MrsWCA then ran anormal wash of my jeans and t-shirts through the 20 minute quick wash. Not silent but didn’t turn up the TV or leave the room as we had to for the Samsung.

Shock result. The Miele costing £500 is better than the Samsung costing £400.

If you choose to buy an expensive washing machine I would recommend Miele because I have never had a problem with their products.

I would advise against Samsung because they refused to accept their product was at fault, blamed my house despite not mentioning the need for a concrete floor presales and refusal to discuss anything further after their engineers aid the machine wasn’t broken

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Samsung Washing machine RANT’ is closed to new replies.