Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Samsung s6 edge owners
  • Ed2001
    Free Member

Could any owners let me know how robust the phone is, scratches etc. Thanks

Dibbs
    Free Member

The daughter dropped hers and it hit the cast iron fireplace, a new screen was £139 (with a 3 month warranty) from the Samsung repair place in Plymouth (2 hour turnaround).

Ed2001
    Free Member

Thanks
    I was really thinking about general wear and tear,I don’t think many phones would survive an iron fireplace,ouch.

mattyfez

It has gorilla glass 4, which is the current standard for phone glass, but if you drop it and it lands wrong on a hard surface, or mistreat it it will still scratch/shatter.

For that reason I don’t give two hoots about sexy looking phones anymore, as long as the hardware and screen is up to spec, it gets put straight into a wallet style flip case with a clasp, so a drop is highly unlikely to do any damage.

Walking around with £300 to £600 quids worth of hardware in your pocket,ill take protection over style.

I’ve just bought a Huawei p9,and it’s wonderfully slim and sexy, I’ll never really appreciate that though as it’s wrapped up in a protective leather cocoon that also functions as my wallet.

Babyjack
    Free Member

I’ve had loads of smartphones and never ever cracked one (I used to chuckle to myself when I saw a mate with a cracked iphone).
    Anyway, I bought an s6 edge and a month later had 3 massive cracks on the front, mostly down the curved edges. Also spotted a crack on the back too. Beautiful looking phone but I no longer can use it.

I should mention that I have the ‘plus’

mattyfez

That’s what put me off the edge phones, lovely looking things, but full glass construction is just not really practical unless your super super careful, but there’s still always that one time you’ll drop it, so it’s kinda a self defeating.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Samsung s6 edge owners’ is closed to new replies.