Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Samsung s6 battery woes.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

It really is rubbish, phone is awesome, takes great pictures, super fast etc but the battery is struggling to last a day with even mild usage.
    Any tips?

Cougar

Are you using a task killer? Don’t do that.

Look at the battery usage in settings, see if that gives any clues.

somouk
    Free Member

As above, monitor your battery usage and what apps are killing it.

Also consider battery saving measures like switching off bluetooth etc and shutting down services that aren’t needed. Lowering the brightness on the screen is always a good one too.

noltae
    Free Member

Call your provider and see if you can get a different phone and next time you ‘upgrade’ be mindful of battery life as a key feature you require – Indeed S6 battery life sucks.. To be honest I’m thinking that this a common issue with flagship handsets – too many fancy components!

hugo
    Free Member

The screen is the major power user on such a phone. Turning down the brightness, and reducing screen timeout time really helps.

Also toggling GPS when you don’t need it works well. Bluetooth as well if you want, but on my Samsung bluetooth uses very little power.

dragon
    Free Member

Smasung S6 and the new iphone are getting terrible reports on battery life. May I suggest you get a Sony, they seem to be good.

Otherwise turn everything not needed off.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Samsung s6 battery woes.’ is closed to new replies.