Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Samsung s4 mini screen cracked
  • crapjumper
    Free Member

My son has dropped his phone and cracked the screen . It’s a clean crack from top left to bottom right and still works fine . Does anybody on here have any recommendations on best / cheapest place / cost to get it fixed ? That is all. Thanks

ktaylor
    Free Member

I dropped my S4 and cracked the screen in January. I used one of those unoffical services found on the highstreet that also sell phone cases. It was repaired to a good standard and done in a couple of hours (I didn’t want to send my phone away). Cost £60 I think (only glass broken).

crapjumper
    Free Member

Thanks , at least I’ve got a rough idea what it’s gonna cost me now

scaredypants

leave it as is, I’d say

It’ll teach him to look after it properly next time and, IME, you don’t really notice cracks when you’re looking straight at the screen anway

(scaredypants, learning to respect his cracked screen for the last about 9 months 😳 )

joshvegas
    Free Member

done that and as above just ignored it

boblo
    Free Member

Some say… Ooops not any more. You can get eBay repair kits for about a fiver. I bought one then thought better of it and spent the £60 mentioned up there ^

freddyg
    Free Member

Have done the ebay £5 kit three times now (I’m a clumsy oaf!) and each time there hasn’t been a problem. Very easy to do, just take your time and follow a youtube guide.

spooky_b329

Having replaced my screen a few months ago, I’ve now realised the reason my GPS has been rubbish is because the new screens often don’t come with the grounding pads to earth it to the frame, and sometimes are missing a foil shield that goes over the GPS chip…have chucked the old screen now so will have to improvise.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Samsung s4 mini screen cracked’ is closed to new replies.