• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Samsung S2 car charger?
  • donsimon
    Free Member

I’ve seen this and thought that I’d run it through here to see if there’s anything else out there that’s better.
    So, like, is this a bag of crap, or is there, like, anything better out there, yeah?

BrickMan

Looks like the job, but also massive!
    I just got a little USB job from tesco’s and then used a spare USB lead, charges phone fine. Think it was about £8 but thankfully doesn’t have an annoying blinding LED and has some kind of cut off built in, also its tiny.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

my s2 doesn’t appear to like cheapo unbranded chargers/USB cables, but my car charger is a genuine samsung one because it came with my car dock/cradle thingy…

MrOvershoot

Bought this last August Samsung-Vehicle-Dock-Kit-Galaxy S2

Has worked like Ronseal 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

Shirley any decent generic one will work?

donsimon
    Free Member

That’s what I’d have thought, yeah?

Cougar

It’s a Micro USB connector, which is as close to a standard as makes no odds. Any uUSB cable / car charger should work. I picked one up (branded Philips) from TK Maxx back in the early Jurassic, and more recently a low profile 12V USB adapter on holiday in the US. But don’t sweat about a specific “Samsung” charger, they’re broadly all the same once you avoid the 99p bargain bin ones.

carlosg
    Free Member

I use a Belkin usb cigarette adaptor and the usb cable that came with the phone. Cost me about £3 posted from fleabay .

hora
    Free Member

Go to your local 3store – They sell a universal car charger for £10. This is also good for your partners phone and/or future phones.

scaredypants

Ansmann USB ones + any old usb micro lead are good, ken ?

scaredypants

oh, and try to get one with at least 1 amp output, right ?

allthepies
    Free Member

Check the lead length of some chargers, can be a stretch if you want to use the phone on a dash mount.

fbk
    Free Member

As mentioned above, try to make sure whatever you get has an output of at least 1amp, especially if you want to use the satnav. Otherwise it really doesn’t matter. I got a cheap usb adapter from ebuyer that works just fine.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Samsung S2 car charger?’ is closed to new replies.