Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • samsung galaxy s4 or htc one?
  • ron70
    Free Member

Have just received my upgraded phone which is a samsung s4 and I’m really not that impressed to say there was so much hype. I find the extra features are too gimmicky that I won’t use. Also not right impressed with the quality of the videos I’ve been watching either, HD videos look very pixilated even while watching them on wifi so I’ve still got a few days left to decide whether I want to exchange for another handset, been looking at some reviews and the htc looks right up my street as in no gimmicks, good phone, easy to use and a good speaker, Has anyone got any experience on this phone as Im wondering what the camera is like as I’ll be using that a lot and filming as well, cheers

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Wanna swap it for an IPhone 5?

ron70
    Free Member

No way! sorry, but had it with apple too, fed up of all the restrictions they have, but thanks anyway 😀

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

No problem mate, it’s a gorgeous phone but I’m sick of Apple too.

stimpy
    Free Member

Gold star for posting in the wrong forum btw 😉

Mod: Moved now

dibboid
    Free Member

I’m due to upgrade tmw. I was going with the s4 too. I can have a iphone 5 but it’s a no from me! Lol I think I need to research it now. 🙁

dibboid
    Free Member

Gold star for posting in the wrong forum btw

I’m glad he did as I hardly bother with the general chat forum. And I found this useful. 🙂

So a extra gold star from me too. Hehe

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

See i had the S3 and it was awesome. I played with the S4 and watched HD video and it is incredible.

Maybe you have a faulty unit mate.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Got the htc one late march as it was One of the first batch. I had a desire s before this.
    Well im pleased with it. Its really is a lovely bit of kit to hold- solid but light but not too light! It just feels right.
    Camera is really good unless shooting a long way off. Video playback is amazing even some of the free games my son plays are stunning.
    Cant fault it really.
    The zoe feature is pretty clever but not really filmed anything on it.
    battery life is less than my old desire but i think theyre all much the same for the current large screen phones.

I have a Note 2 and the video is faultless even on pootube. Can’t imagine they would have regressed.

A screenshot – can’t see any problem there!

just to show someone by davetheblade, on Flickr

stumpy01

If video looks pixelated it is more likely to be the feed than the display, I would have thought.
    Phone screen resolutions are so high now that you need a magnifying glass to see individual pixels…

ron70
    Free Member

MoseyMTB – MemberSee i had the S3 and it was awesome. I played with the S4 and watched HD video and it is incredible.Maybe you have a faulty unit mate.

I did think this, but I’ve already had to swap the handset once already as the first one was showing little green pixel dots at the top and bottom of the screen, so had enough now, tbh I never had any problems with apple and it was a quality feel to it especially using the keyboard compared to this phone.

dibboid, you may like this phone but ive had too many issues with it and not keen on the Iscroll thing at all! or the air gesture feature, don’t think its been developed well enough yet as its a bit hit and miss.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

The only reason I stick with Apple is because of the keyboard.

ron70
    Free Member

stumpy01 – MemberIf video looks pixelated it is more likely to be the feed than the display, I would have thought.Phone screen resolutions are so high now that you need a magnifying glass to see individual pixels…POSTED 10 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

This was happening on vimeo and youtube sites, That new Chris Akrigg video for instance is really bad on this phone, its kind of all blurry around the edges, That was when I first noticed the problem.

jools182
    Free Member

I’m not having another samsung after my S2

I am sure there are plenty of S2’s without problems but mine’s just become a pain

scuzz
    Free Member

The only reason I stick with Apple is because of the keyboard.

There are plenty of iOS style keyboards available for Android store, now unshackle yourself!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

erm …… my post says i had an S3 and loved it so consider me unshackled.

I tried loads of keyboards but in the end gave up and went back to Apple.

takisawa2

OneX+ here but wishing I’d have gone for the Note2 tbh.
    The OneX+ doesn’t seem a vast improvement over the DesireHD I had before.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

HTC one for the last couple of months. Great build, great sound, v quick GPS acquisition, sense 5 surprisingly good and decent battery life after the latest update. Screen is stunning with very good viewing angles and the 60 fps video is mega, camera also excellent.
    Essentially, me likey.

Philby

I had a play with an HTC One this afternoon as upgrade time is next month. Currently have an HTC Desire S. The One is a lovely piece of kit – seems very solid and lovely to hold and the aluminium casing is very classy and stylish. Seems much more robust than the rather plasticy Galaxy. Screen is large for size of phone due to the minimal bezel, and I was impressed by the resolution. Sound out of the speakers was very impressive. In terms of build quality it is up there with the iPhone. It gets excellent reviews in the techy press – downsides are listed as no memory card, poor battery and cost.

Definitely at the top of my upgrade list.

themilo
    Free Member

Lucky enough to have played with both but i’ve stuck with the HTC One. Upsides are the speakers, the screen, blinkfeed, Zoe and the build quality. Which is a good job because the downside is that it’s a bit too slippy!

For me, the S4 was just too similar to the S3 and it seems that they’ve just chucked “features” at it in a “make it do EVERYTHING” style without any thought as to actual usability. Why would you want to be able to scroll a page without touching the screen for example? As if you cant be bothered to move your finger the extra 2mm?

And it’s too light!

ron70
    Free Member

themilo – MemberLucky enough to have played with both but i’ve stuck with the HTC One. Upsides are the speakers, the screen, blinkfeed, Zoe and the build quality. Which is a good job because the downside is that it’s a bit too slippy!For me, the S4 was just too similar to the S3 and it seems that they’ve just chucked “features” at it in a “make it do EVERYTHING” style without any thought as to actual usability. Why would you want to be able to scroll a page without touching the screen for example? As if you cant be bothered to move your finger the extra 2mm?And it’s too light!

yeah exactly, and tbh it doesn’t work that good at all, you have to keep the phone dead still or it keeps resetting the focus, it gets annoying seeing the eye symbol keep popping up so I switched it off,
    it also gives you the option to use tilt scroll as well, but thats annoying too and so much easier to just use your finger!
    I’m actually really glad I’ve still got the option to exchange!
    On a positive note though, I accidentally dropped the phone today and really thought it would have cracked the screen but was very surprised it hadn’t!
    So I would say the special gorilla glass they use is certainly strong!! 😮

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘samsung galaxy s4 or htc one?’ is closed to new replies.