Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Samsung galaxy s3 anyone? Initial thoughts?
  • youngrob

Tried it. Didn’t work. Had to use an app to email them to myself. I didn’t want to store all my music etc on the sim, just my contacts. I can still do it on my work blackberry so it can’t be a technology limitation.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Hi looking at getting one of these for my upgrade. Just wondering how is the music quality? My ipod touch died and was considering the Iphone 4s. But as a current android user i much prefer it. Current phone LG Optimus 2X is not as good as my ipod touch for music quality with the same headphlnes

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I don’t buy the battery doesn’t last long enough argument for any phone.

I have a 4 it lasts a full day on whatever I’m doing with it, if I don’t use it much then it’ll last 2-3 days on standby easily. I charge it at night whilst I’m asleep anyway. If I’m camping etc. I have a 12v charger for the car or use the 240v socket in my camper. If I’m in a hotel I plug it in at night.

I’d been looking at the Galaxy and Htc as replacements but they feel too plastic to me after the Apple.

I actually like Apple customer care, I did something stupid with my phone and damaged it badly, took it back to them 2 years old and way out of warranty, paid £119 and got a brand new phone.

I have lots of friends with Samsung’s and they seem happy with them, I’m happy with the iPhone. we still get on, they’re only phones! (albeit complicated ones)

fd3chris
    Free Member

I agree Blazing-saddles , there aren’t many phones I haven’t tried and they all have their strengths and weaknesses but I ended up back with Apple again as the construction doesn’t feel like a child’s pretend first phone .

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I like mine and the battery has never died but I do charge it up every night.

Sound’s great as is the camera. I just wish it was slighlty slimmer as reaching to the bottom left hand side of the screen with your thumb to do text’s is a bit of a stretch.

9/10 from me

logical
    Free Member

I’ve had iPhone 4 and 4s. But also had S2, Note and S3. Prefer the Galaxy’s though. The Note and S3 are brilliant!

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Like a few others on here i’ve changed from an Iphone 4 to the Galaxy S3. Impressed with it so far and the battery life is far better than the Iphone.

When I got the S3 I plugged it in to my laptop and downloaded an official Samsung programme called ‘easy phone sync’. This recoginised that I had an itunes account so providing you’ve done a recent back up of your Iphone with all your contacts, easy phone sync will find them and sync all your contacts, calendars, notes etc to the S3. You can also use this to extract Itunes libraries and playlists.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m a lover not a fighter so I love it.
    To be fair I came along from a GalaxyS having chosen to steer away from iPhones. I’ve found the sync with google simple, battery life far exceeds the GS (I can get 2 days out of if even playing music, but streaming stuff means it runs down much quicker) Music quality is most excellent and if you load the PowerAmp app it’s just amazing. The camera is very good indeed and I’m glad it has a flash now (the GS didn’t) I find the UI instinctive.
    The only thing I find annoying (and I’ve seen this on the tube whilst looking over the shoulders of folk with them) is if you double click the “home” button the darn “speech” search thingumybob comes up.. Most annoying as you have to kill it.
    I carry mine biking, I use a rather stretched iPhone sock and then put it in a small sandwich bag that seals up. It is larger than the GS yes, but so far I’ve not found it intrusive at all and I love the large screen.
    Back tot he battery.. I stream a lot of music off Soundcloud and I can nerf the battery in a day if I play continuous, but for the short hour long streams I can still get a day and a half out of it.
    I’ve bought an extra microSD with 16G on it so I can carry more “sounds” and photos, so far I’ve not eaten into 1/4 of the phones memory and I’ve loaded loadsa stuff.

Me Likee, me likee a lot.

Only main grip is I’m with 3 and the service reception in central London is dire for streaming and the area of the South Downs I ride in it’s none existent.. Which is rather pants.

EDIT:
    One more thing, Kies, it’s pants. I’ve stopped using the main app and use the wifi one as it’s much simpler and loads much easier, also I just transfer stuff via the “explorer” file menu/tree as again it’s much easier than that hulking lump that is Kies.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Samsung galaxy s3 anyone? Initial thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.