Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • samsung galaxy s2
  • rivirider
    Free Member

Thinking of upgrading my phone, any of you have the galaxy s2? whats your thoughts??? does it run strava? whats the pic quality like, is it ok for videos????

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

No idea as I’m a technie adder but I was originally looking at one but have moved onto the HTC One X now I think. Thread here if interested:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/htc-one-x-phone-upgrade-content

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Galaxy 1 was great for what you want but the GPS wasn’t brilliant

Upgraded to the New S3 and it’s awesome, just awesome.

Go for the 3 not the 2 if you can

donsimon
    Free Member

S2 is great, pic quality is excellent, don’t really use it for video but what I have done has been good.
    Only gripe was the battery life but that seems to be better with the latest firmware.
    Tidy little phone.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

They’re brilliant. Cheaper than an iPhone and I much prefer mine to my old 4s. It’s one those things that everything seems to have been thought of and executed as simply and effectively a possible. Great phone andiimproved by recent ice cream sandwich firmware upgrade. Get one you won’t regret it.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’ve got one and it’s slightly better than the 4s it replaced mainly because the screen is bigger, it’s lighter and has better picture quality.

stuey
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking about one too – but it seems the One X can be had for better deals – have you seen any bargains?

Tebbalot
    Free Member

yeah, found t mobile doing a £26 a month. free handset, 2000mins, unlimited texts and internet

mda

I have an S2 for sale if anyone’s interested. PM me for details.

hora
    Free Member

Get the S3 seriously. Its a tiny bit bigger but in another league.

Do you want to spend two years thinking shit?

monsteryeti
    Free Member

I am trying to swap my wifes new S3 in white for a iPhone 4S, she just cannot get on with it if anyone wants to swap / trade.

In the classifieds.

carlosg
    Free Member

Had my S2 since about 3 weeks after the release and love it to bits , it will run strava I downloaded it but only used it once so took it off again.
    The battery life improved after the ICS update earlier this year. It’s really fast for internet at home on broadband and not that much slower when out and about on a 3G connection. The Satnav has been really useful and I read quite a lot of ebooks on it too.
    I’ll probably just get a sim only deal when my contract expires as anything else won’t really be that much of an upgrade.

hora
    Free Member

How do you get the ICS update?

BenjiM

A great phone but after the ICS update it appears to crash a lot, some functions stop working etc. Battery life has improved and there are a few nice GUI touches but this doesn’t make up for the fact that it isn’t as stable as it was.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘samsung galaxy s2’ is closed to new replies.