Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)
  • Sample of the 30,000 that are going to get Royal Mail out of the hole t……..
  • postierich
    Free Member

that they have dug.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1221724/85-000-rush-apply-Royal-Mail-strike-jobs-ahead-national-walkout.html
    Seem such a likable bunch hope they look after your/my mail when we are striking for standing upto Union busting Mandelson and his Royal Mail cronies.
    Vetting according to Royal Mail should take between 4 to 6 weeks.
    I dispair @ this government and peoples atitudes towards striking Posties 😥

allthepies
    Free Member

What's the matter with them ? Black, smoking, funny looking ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Or, you could look at the many other people who are less likely to cause a photo-scaremonger like that. The sort of people who just want to work and earn a few bob. Good luck to them.

Can they really be any worse than the workshy, lazy, rude idiots who occasionally deign to deliver my post? Not too sure.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jimbo
    Free Member

"Good lord. We don't want any of those dark chaps sifting our mail. Pip pip!"

Nice choice of picture by the Daily Heil, there. Of course, they fail to mention (other than "usually students") that many of the people (myself included) who go for these seasonal Royal Mail jobs (the Heil forgot to mention that, too) are just like "us": normal, decent people who just want some work. And the work is usually the stuff they (the RM) have a job getting people to do i.e. nights, weekends etc, etc. But again the Heil fail to mention that!

peteimpreza

How are they any different to the strikers other than they are not permanent employees?

anokdale
    Free Member

Union busting Mandelson and his Royal Mail cronies.

So Maggie will be off the hook now someone from Labour has taken her mantle.

soobalias
    Free Member

its disgusting.
    I dont see a good end to this, but fear this will be remembered long after the current government have been waved goodbye.

I hope the union find a way to make the law work to their advantage regarding the supply of temps to break a strike.

The demise of the RM is a sad day for this country

postierich
    Free Member

Excellant keep it coming boys 😉

69er
    Free Member

Excellent…

Sandwich

Had a phone call yesterday asking when I could start, all ready selected for Christmas temp duties. The chap at the other end was slightly surprised that I was nly available from 16 November. Scabbing isn't for me, thanks.
    (Despite being unemployed, solidarity is all).

hora
    Free Member

OP, no offence mate. Did you post this thread as a troll?

noteeth
    Free Member

As the Cree foretold:

"Only when the last state asset has been sold; Only when the last public service has been dismantled; Only then will you find that Mandy cannot be beaten."

roddersrambler
    Free Member

I'll be working friday,sorry Rich.

westkipper
    Free Member

Its interesting how keen RM are to recruit, when theres some strikebreaking/ unionbusting to be done, yet, when their precious Pegasus computer programme shows that hours should be going in to offices they dont want to know.
    Much of this is, I suspect, merely a PR stunt, none of its new recruits will be expected to be very productive, and probably none of them will end up delivering your mail. One of the first areas to see cuts was the departments that are responsible for training postpeople- Long term vision, Eh?

tails
    Free Member

I think the thing is postierich, people really just want to look out for number one. This is only going to come across worse on a forum where to many you are just a name.

I like many just want my post delivered the therefore you are bad.

I like many just want a job, if I go to get a job as a temp postman and delivery this lots post I'm viewed as good.

People often don't look at things from another person point of view.

fubar
    Free Member

that links to the Daily Mail = zero credibility

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Mate is a postie. He said the last time they got temporary workers in during a strike that the fraud department in the PO was so overwelmed with missing parcels they had to call in the police to investigate the sheer level of thefts.

project
    Free Member

Jan Moir is delivering the Post around Canal Street in Manchester next week,with a Police guard.

soobalias
    Free Member

take your point tails, but i also want the ability to send a personal letter of only sentimental importance, to my grandma who lives out in the sticks. I dont want to pay DHL prices for the service.
    I dont want to hear about the slight lack of profit in some specific areas of the business.
    i think that a basic level of service should be forced.

postierich
    Free Member

roddersrambler – Member
    I'll be working friday,sorry Rich.

Reap what you sow. 🙄

thomthumb
    Free Member

he's got his own elastic bands!! 😯

Del

i like the PO, i like my postie. it's a great service i don't want to see lost. see the postal service reduced to the lower common denominator – 5hitty link. no thanks.
    up the workers.

BigSteve
    Free Member

A point that is often missed is the Universal Service Obligation that RM is under. This has a number of stipulations around the service that RM must observe. This covers delivery to all UK addresses for the price of a 1st class stamp. It also covers having and mainting postboxes with 1.5 miles of every uk address.

The competition that the goverment has allowed doesn't play by the same rules so they can cherry pick leaving the expensive deliveries to RM. Also RM has to deliver anyones post. So any company can collect mail charge any price it wants then gets RM to deliver it for a standard price. Most people don't even realise the RM has delivered this mail.

Competition must be on an even footing – it this that's killing RM.

Dougal
    Free Member

At least that lad picks up his elastic bands.

My (admittedly small) parcel contracts have all gone to HDN recently. 1/3 of the price, and I can rely on them getting to their destination.

roddersrambler
    Free Member

Reap what you sow

Well most of these problems are local.We have had a revision and taken in phase 3/4 and everything runs fine.
    Most of the large offices in the big cities are still complaining about phases 1 and 2 ! This was expected in exchange for the last pay deal.Is it any wonder idiots like Mandy are saying savings can be made.If anyone on here went into a mail centre and watched the level of work done by a large proportion of workers in process they would p*ss themselves.They are the reason why so much pressure is put on delivery staff to make savings that are not there.Delivery staff more than earn their money,process are nothing short of a bunch of lazy union controled jokers.

bigsi
    Free Member

nothing to see here

westkipper
    Free Member

The main point of the strike (that Royal Mail cleverly provoked) is to discredit the CWU so that the company can de-unionise.
    With the union out of the way, RM can start to rapidly downscale both its workforce and public service commitment.

roddersrambler
    Free Member

It's the same with all big organisations,top managers make generalised cuts across the board.These cuts can easily be made in some areas but impossible in others.A bit like the NHS,nurses rushed off there feet whilst middle managers and others doing bugger all.

noteeth
    Free Member

A bit like the NHS

Indeed – NuLab are the corporate cherrypicker's best friend. And there's plenty who want in on service provision, without being so fussed about what service actually entails. 👿

project
    Free Member

So whats the strike about,whats phase 1 2 3 4 etc,

kimbers

some of the comments on that link are pure daily mail gold

DaveGr
    Free Member

The RM provide a service no one else does. Is tied to deliver nationwide etc. while the competition doesn't have to. Is ideally placed with post offices throughout the country to "hold" parcels you can collect when convenient rather than travelling to the "Midlands" depot which is actually 80 miles away for so many couriers. IMO they have tha basis of a business model that could work really well

So why are the unions f***ing up by losing the PR battle? "Let's strike over modernisation". To me it looks like the RM will just lose business to couriers etc. and also the goodwill of the public. I'm in a union but I think they are years behind the times when it comes to actually being effective. In my company they've been less than useless helping with outsourcing and changing terms and conditions for those not outsourced.

MrOvershoot

Del – Member

i like the PO, i like my postie. it's a great service i don't want to see lost. see the postal service reduced to the lower common denominator – 5hitty link. no thanks.
    up the workers.

You and me both Del.

Now I have never been a member of a union & don't always agree with lots of the stuff they do, but our post girl Suzanne is fantastic.

She patiently waits for my wife who has MS to answer the door if needed, has a good laugh with me if a parcel is not from CRC/Wiggle.
    She even puts the recycling boxes away for some of the old dears on our road.

The local sorting office is always helpful & polite.

I did once meet a post office personnel manager at a NEBOSH training course who quite frankly I wouldn't trust to sit the right way round on a toilet.

postierich
    Free Member

rodderz you have not taken on phase 4 yet trust me no one has its coming in January.
    You might have had a 3.5 pegasus revision 5 hrs is where its @ now baby!!!!
    Banking of hours
    D2d included in to the workload
    Longer and Shorter longs and shorts!!!!!!
    Monthly pay
    Still coming in? and there is the pension issue
    I would rather stand up a fight then roll over and be butt f**ked
    Which area are you based?

trailmonkey

Wish all the posties on here the best of luck with it. Fight the good fight and all.

zokes
    Free Member

Regardless of who's at fault, RM will be royally butt f**ked if it goes on much longer. They will lose what's left of the profitable deliveries from large companies, whilst still being forced to deliver to every address for 40p or whatever it is these days.

Then RM will go bust.

Then pretty much everyone who doesn't live in a major city will be butt f**ked.

Best bite down hard then….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Still coming in?

It's interesting to note that some people have a choice on whether or not they abide by a democratic decision.

IIRC three quarters voted for industrial action – so that means that a quarter can just simply ignore the decision……..no need to worry about democracy then.

However, if three quarters had voted against industrial action, then every single person would have been expected to abide by that decision ………..well it's democracy, innit ?

There's nothing quite like breath-taking hypocrisy ……… is there ?

MrSmith
    Free Member

they don't look any worse than the posties i see getting pissed in the packington arms behind Mt pleasant sorting office before going on shift or the ones smoking weed in their cars in the streets nearby.
    if anything they look better.
    the posties round here are lazy. for some reason i have 7 (yes i counted them all) red rubber bands left on my doorstep plus i witnessed one of the PO's finest ramming an a4 'do not bend' card backed envelope under my neighbors door, giving it a final kick finally got it past the threshold.
    no doubt it's the managements fault.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Current unemployment 2.5 million!

I'm sure there are people out there who would bite the PO's arm off for a postie's job at the moment.

takisawa2

Good luck Rich. Pains me to think of the RM going this way. PO is an asset & I fear its demise wont be felt till its too late.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Sample of the 30,000 that are going to get Royal Mail out of the hole t……..’ is closed to new replies.