Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Samoens trail advice please
  • bartesque

Off to the Alps in the summer and have been thinking about Samoens as we fancy something different

Reading the Steve Mallet Alps Mountain bike book states “The Trails in Samoens are as fun as it gets for the experianced rider although beginners should look elsewhere”

Can anybody t is the riding like Eldest and I have ridden most of the xc reds at Les Gets/Morzine and a lot of the PDS is it much of a leap up

Also will have the youngest and Mrs Bart in tow is there anything suitable for a family off road pootle as they are just starting out on blue/greens

Are there any family suitable routes

Paul-B

We spent a week with Steve a couple of years back. Everyday I pretty much sh*t myself on every trail we rode. There’s lots of very steep rooty stuff, even the way marked trails are a considerable step up from Morzine/Les Gets.

bartesque

Paul

Thanks that is what I feared nearly booked somewhere last night until I read the section on Samoens

Has got me intrigued but may have to head there on my own for a day

sheck

Massively weather dependent would be my view… In the dry, it’s phenomenal… In the wet, frustrating beyond belief

chris36860
    Free Member

I would agree with Paul B. We’ve done 5 years with Steve now and the riding is the most technical I’ve ever seen. Ultra steep and far more challenging than Morzine/les Gets in my opinion. We’re off out again in 2 weeks, but Steve has moved Bike All to another part of the Alps, so we are riding the trails alone and I’m slightly nervous!! Saying that, Samoens is a great base as you can access Flane, Morion etc if you know the way (which we can only just remember between us). It’s also an amazing town for a family to stay with plenty going on in the town square.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Samoens trail advice please’ is closed to new replies.