Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Samoens summer lift price
  • nolan
    Free Member

Looking at next summers trip to the alps. Anyone know how much a weeks lift pass is for Samoens? Website seems to suggest that a grand massif season pass is 70 odd euros.

chris36860
    Free Member

We have paid around £30 for the last 3 years. That doesn’t cover Les Gets or Morzine tho.

freeridenick
    Free Member

I was there in the summer. it was 48 euros I think.

Stu_N

€50 sounds about right. The season one wasn’t much more than a week pass.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes, €47.50 says the link below and that’s a 6 day pass for the whole area multiple resorts. You might like to contact Bike Alp too, they run holidays based around the area

Summer Lift Prices / Times

@freeride, any top tips for trails in the area ?

jambalaya
    Free Member

My old eyes misread, it’s €41.50

nolan
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies. The plan is to get some riding in as part of a family holiday. A couple of years ago we went to Les Gets where I was able to get in a mix of DH runs and longer waymarked XC routes.

How do the trails in Samoens compare to Les Gets?

Also has anyone stayed at the campsite (le Giffre)in Samoens? We will be flying so will need to hire a tent (which they do) but wondered what people thought of the facilties. Alternative is to hire a chalet/apartment.

nickjb
    Free Member

Generally in that region chalets are very cheap out of ski season. Well worth investigating that option.

Not ridden in the area much but it is much smaller than Morzine/Les Gets. Still plenty, though.

Another thing to consider is hitching/taxi to Les Gets do a few runs there then ride back to Samoens. There’s a great route back.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Les Gets is much more bike-park orientated. Samoens more of the walking trails style. If your Mrs is happy to drive you to the top of Joux Plan (up towards Les Gets) she/kids/you can enjoy the view of Mont Blanc/lake/an ice cream from the van and then you can ride the excellent descent back to Samoens (search on here for directions of email me for a map). Its about 30 mins by car to Les Gets fyi.

I haven’t ridden the Samoens side (lift is on opposite side of the valley), as above try contacting Bike Alp they may do a you a day or two’s guiding. Also info on their website about the area.

Bike Alp – link

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Samoens summer lift price’ is closed to new replies.