Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Same tyres front and back question
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

I’ve been running some of these front and back:

http://singletrackworld.com/reviews/review-continental-der-baron-projekt-2-4/

I’ve got them the same way front and back as I couldn’t find any info on whether to reverse the rear. I’ve been getting on with them OK, but my mate said I should have the rear the other way round to the front to reduce rolling resistance and increase braking.

What’s the thoughts on this? Give it a try and hope I don’t die?

wiggles
    Free Member

That only applied to certain tyres designed to be run opposite ways front and rear.

Otherwise it is just hoping for some miracle that a tyre works better the opposite way to which it was designed/tested.

Rubber_Buccaneer

my mate said I should have the rear the other way round to the front to reduce rolling resistance

See how the centre knobs are ramped? That is to reduce rolling resistance. Turn the tyre around and id expect to have more rolling resistance. Try it though, what’s the worst that can happen?

Rorschach
    Free Member

They WILL explode.You WILL die.
    (disclaimer….this may not actually be factually correct.Apart from the latter).

takisawa2

Never mind the same model, mine are different widths, brands & diameters. 😉

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Run them the same way; I’ve had Minion DHF front and rear like this and works great.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Turns out I actually had them on different ways so he was saying to put them the same way doh!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Same tyres front and back question’ is closed to new replies.