Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Salso Fargo Ti vs Tripster ATR – silly comparison??
  • howarthp

I had pretty much convinced myself to get an ATR. I’ve been looking at the Enigma Ecroix too. However, someone mentioned the Fargo and it looks even more flexible in its use.

I’ve not ridden any of the bikes so wondered if I’m comparing like with like?

ton

new bike = good health?

howarthp

I’m ever the optimist. I never stop planning for new bikes! It keeps me sane while I can’t train

scotroutes

Just to confuse you further: Van Nicholas Amazon

howarthp

I don’t know why but I have a negative view of Van Nicholas. I own or have owned quite a few Ti bikes (Merlin Extralight, Litespeed Ocoee, Seven Axiom SL, Lynskey Sportive, Cotic Soda). It’s my favourite frame material

midlifecrashes

Like all bikes it’s a “depends what you’re going to do with it” answer. There’s a ton of bikes around like the Tripster/Arkose/Allroad etc now, in regular or Ti flavours. Very few with the tyre clearance of a Fargo, which will take full MTB 2.3″ tyres, if that’s what you’re after. A closer match to a Tripster ATR would probably be a Salsa Vaya Ti. Still, it’s not all about the bike.

pete68
    Free Member

Just to add, Sabbath September ar1. Really pleased with mine.

fasthaggis

It’s a tough choice when you know think that they are all excellent bikes in capable hands. Just choose one in a nice colour(right fit/size obvs) 😛

cynic-al
    Free Member

Isn’t it a banable offence to mention ATRs outside that thread?

Seriously, there is a Ti Fargo fanboi owner here who will tell you how amazing it is. I had a steel one which was a nice 29er drop bar bike, nothing amazing about it IMO.

Basil

The steel version I had for 2 years plus proved you only need one bike. So good I now have the ti version with the alternator dropouts.
    Looks very well made and when I can ride again I have so many options.
    29+
    half fat
    Skinny tyres
    drop bars
    Running Jones Loop bars
    Bikepacking
    Playing in the woods

The Tripster looks very good for some use. Fargo is good for much more. Oh and £1400 from Bike24 for the 2014 frame!

brianp
    Free Member

The geometry of the Fargo is somewhat different than the other bikes. The reach and stack are fairly unique. Short top tube and high stack. as an older guy I really need those features. Everything else is too long and too low for my old back and neck.

So I would advise concentrating on the frame geometry, then other needs such as tyre width.

Brian.

Basil

I use Loop bars which help me gain my desired “dutch bike” riding position.

Basil

Also had the steel Vaya. Very nice and can easily cover more miles than a Fargo but I want the view to be up and around and less forward and down.

howarthp

What size do people ride? I’m 6′ 1″ and should ride a large according to Salsa

Basil

Large is comfy for 6’1″ but if you want it roomy X Large is not a gate for that size.
    I have gone from a large steel to X large in ti, but I do want to be upright using Loop bars with a bigger triangle for a frame bag for the bikepacking

christof
    Free Member

I’m riding a steel Fargo and absolutely loving it! I use it for a 10mile commute each way, have taken it to trail centres, ridden the local single track and Coast path, planning some bike packing adventures and every thing else in between!
    It’s actually got me thinking, is this the legendary ONE BIKE!?

GregMay
    Free Member

Seriously, there is a Ti Fargo fanboi owner here who will tell you how amazing it is. I had a steel one which was a nice 29er drop bar bike, nothing amazing about it IMO.

That may be me. But I think fanboi is a bit OTT.

Get whatever you want, al will think it’s shite anyway.

genubah
    Free Member

Sorry for being pedantic, but what was the verdict on the Enigma Ecroix?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Salso Fargo Ti vs Tripster ATR – silly comparison??’ is closed to new replies.