Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Salsa Spearfish
  • djflexure

Quite fancy on of these but demo is unlikely. Hesitating over size. I’m 6ft. On paper the medium has 600 ETT which is close enough to the Inbred 18″ that I’m perfectly happy on. Large has 620mm ETT and much longer wheelbase. I have read what is available on line and I’m just between sizes – supposedly either would fit. Anybody tried a medium and found it too small?

lexinoo
    Free Member

I have no answer to your question but have you seen these?

http://www.billys.co.uk/

rone

GF had a medium spearfish she is 5ft9. It fit her perfectly. I’m 6 and it didn’t fit me. I’ve also ridden a large and that was fine.

Extremely underrated bikes, pedalled very well and stayed in great condition. Would have the new one for both of us if we’dnot got the Turner czars.

weeksy

6’0 was fine for L for me.

johnnystorm

I’m 5′ 11″ and sold my medium to get a large. Mainly because the TT felt too short. I do ride a 19.5″ inbred 29er though. If the new ones are the same as mine they come with 110mm stems so you can lose a few mm easily there. I went to 90 but will probably return it to standard.

djflexure

Cheers for the replies. Just looking at frame only. Few places doing them at present like Billy’s.
    Looks like a large then – I was suspicious when I saw some pics of 5’10” riders on mediums with long stems and setback seat posts. I wondered whether raising the seat post was likely to give me enough reach.

Just got to make a decision now. Currently using a Tranny for long rides like HONC and doing the Bearbones event this year. Aspire to Cairgorm 200 and stuff like that. As I get older my back and neck start to complain the day after. Love how light the Tranny is and have even put a thud buster on it occasionally for very long days out. The Spearfish looks like a possible solution, albeit I’d be taking a considerable weight penalty and not have the option of setting it up like a bmx when I fancy titting about.

ianpv
    Free Member

I’m 5’10”, rode a medium with an inline post and 70mm stem, and I’m quite long in the torso. Nice bike for what you’re planning.

Cheers

Ian

federalski
    Free Member

There is a large Spearfish in the classifieds just now.

gee
    Free Member

I’m 6′ 2″ and ride an 18″ (medium) with a layback 400mm post and 100mm stem. It’s quite low at the front with the saddle so high. Suits me though. I think Salsa would prefer me to ride a large.

GB

djflexure

Cant see the large in classifieds, apart from Weeksy’s orange one that was sold – but its a good time too buy new. I’m going to play it safe and get a large. Company I’m dealing with seem to be out of mediums since yesterday so that helps too.
    Just need to find a nice fork now.

federalski
    Free Member

Sorry. it was a Horsethief frame I seen. It was a large at least… 😳

Jeffus
    Free Member

I’m 5′ 9″ and had a medium was a great fast bike, I had a reverb and 55mm Haven stem with 750mm Havoc bars , it was the only bike I have felt quick on, sadly sold to finance daughters uni 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Salsa Spearfish’ is closed to new replies.