Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Salsa Fargo, would it be very, very wrong ….
  • PJay
    Free Member

to run with a flat bar or low risers?

The Salsa Fargo looks just the bike for me, but states that it’s designed as a drop bar mountain bike; would their be any problems running a flat bar or perhaps low risers?

I don’t really want drop bars and would like to use my existing hydraulic brakes.

ratherbeintobago

If you want to run flat/riser bars, why a Fargo and not an El Mariachi?

PJay
    Free Member

The Fargo is a little lighter and seemed a slightly better fit for the sort of mixed on/off road that I do; it also has rear rack mounts which I don’t think that the El Mariachi does.

The El Mariachi is a possibility though.

duntstick
    Free Member

Looks fine to me

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Looks very short, does it have a short top tube as they are expecting you to be on the hoods?

nickjb
    Free Member

Looks fine to me

I think you may have posted the wrong picture to go with that statement 😯

Bruce

I went through the same thought process but ended up buying a Surly Ogre frame. I like mine it works really well all the mudguard and rack mounts work well but it is a little heavy.

neilwheel
    Free Member

I have an El Mariachi and love it, and the flexibility it offers.

I’m 5’10” and riding a medium frame. To get the position I want for general riding I have fitted a 17 degree stem turned down, no spacers, and flat bars. For loaded rides I turn the stem up and fit low rise bars instead.

I suggest it would be worth comparing the geometry, stack/reach, between the two frames, and get a test ride if you can.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Salsa Fargo, would it be very, very wrong ….’ is closed to new replies.