Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Salsa Fargo or something else
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Went as company, with a mate to a demo day south of Swindon today. Bugger all the poncy Orange's and Pace's. I had a ride on a Salsa Fargo in the hammering rain. I want one. No, I need one but is there anything else out there? The Singular Peregrine looks nice and class but what am I missing. Basically 700c/29er wheels , disc brakes, drops, steel, .
    Genesis make one but it was the 29er rims and low top tube that so appealed.
    Well?

Sam

Singular Gryphon is the closest thing to a Fargo. More mountain bikey than tourey like the Fargo

druidh
    Free Member

Kona Sutra

druidh
    Free Member

Or you could go Ti….

singlespeedstu

The Gryphon is one hell of a bike.

I feel totaly comfortable riding mine on MTB trails.

I'll post some videos of todays ride tomorrow.

pedalhead
    Free Member

I rode the Fargo today at the demo day too. Are you the chap with the beard (appropriately enough)? 🙂 I thought it was ace as well, though I'm also looking forward to a demo on one of Sam's 29ers.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Surly Karate Monkey perhaps worth a look? But I must admit I rather wish mine was as Fargo. 🙂

singlespeedstu

pedalhead
    Free Member

Slightly OT (apologies), but how do you guys get on with the drop bars when you're riding hard? I found the hand position got a bit painful…hands pushing against the back of the brake levers.

singlespeedstu

.hands pushing against the back of the brake levers.

Try riding in the drops then. 😉

pedalhead
    Free Member

Blimey, that's far too scary!

midlifecrashes

It's not steel, but I like the idea of the Kinesis Decade Tripster

At CRC

mattsccm
    Free Member

Hand comfort needs familiarity, thats all. Those drops were ok but my Midges had better andgles for me and the brakes levers were definitly on the piss. I reckon that stem was a touch long for us sub 5'9er's.
    Had a beard trim when I got home so that I can ride my road bike tonight.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Salsa Fargo or something else’ is closed to new replies.