Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • salsa fargo
  • shortbaldone
    Free Member

looking to add a touring / light expedition bike to my selection and liking the look of the fargo, anyone got one or something else in this genre that they can share their views on?
    thanks

ratherbeintobago

The Fargo looks really interesting. There is a (long) thread on MTBR here

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ve got a Fargo

And a Vaya

I’ve had both for a while now, and to be brutally honest, I think I prefer the Vaya. I’ve yet to tour on the Fargo, and I’m still trying to get it set up right for me, but, box fresh, the Vaya has been amazing.
    I love it, it’s the comfiest thing I’ve ever ridden, loaded up it was fantastic to ride, ok, so it was only a couple of days, but yeah, it just felt ‘right’

The Fargo? Like I say, it’s early days, and I’m starting to enjoy it more..it just wasn’t that immediate love afair like the Vaya, but I’m sure with a few tweaks it will be..

You need to pick the brains of Steve Makin, afterall, if it wasn’t for his input, I’d have neither of these bikes…

Edit: if you’re anywhere near Cheshire, you’d be more than welcome to kick tyres, browse, try out either of them..

Nipper99
    Free Member

Singular Gryphon? Had mine for a few years now and love it but you can put front sus on a Fargo.

Nipper99
    Free Member

There you go – quite like this myself.

Experimental rigs 9-12 002 by jamesanderson2010, on Flickr

johnnystorm

I’ve got one, its great. 🙂

midlifecrashes

Just had a quick jaunt on the Fargo this week. It takes pretty much everything in it’s stride. Did some detours on the Pennine Bridleway on my way across the Dales this week and it handled great, even on rough bridleways. First generation ones(mine) weren’t suspension corrected, all others are so you can treat it like a 29er hardtail if you like too.

GregMay
    Free Member

Oi Teetosugars tahts my bike! Oh wait…I sold it to you sorry 🙂

Owner of a steel Fargo in the past – now Teetosugars, and currently this lovely Ti one:

Terrible photo, but you get the idea.

it is the most versitile bike I’ve ever owned and I only upgraded as it was foolish not to when the offer came up. I love it.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve got a Fargo and a Vaya. I’ve done a couple of fun tours on the Fargo and it is a really capable and versatile bike. Yet to try the Vaya out on a proper tour yet.

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/mcandmilesgofromskyetomontrose

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/mcandtheswearynorthernersgoislandhopping

ratherbeintobago

Does anyone run a Fargo with as sus fork, or would that just be weird?

Nipper99
    Free Member

Some reviews on 20″.com re the above sus set up. I ride my Gryphon at places like Brechfa alot and thought 80 or 100 mm of travel up front would handy, depends if you are going to ride as a mtb or a heavy duty tourer.

GregMay
    Free Member

I tried it for one ride – hated it. So went back to the ridgid fork.
    I’ve now got the new carbon Firestarter fork on and it is way better off road. I’ve not had issue riding most* of my normal trails in the peak and Tod.

*I’ve not tried it out in Hebden yet 🙂

Houns

Love mine. Got it a couple of months ago. The only thing I’d like to try is a fat front. Shall do so at some point, also may add a sus seatpost.

Basil

[img][/img]

Best bike I have owned so far.(On X0 twist shift and Stans now) Will get the Ti when I can.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘salsa fargo’ is closed to new replies.