Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • salsa ala carte
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

I’m in the market for steel HT frame (100mm max) (so I can keep the silly lightweight scandium voodoo for racier duties) The salsa ala carte looks to fit the bill. I like the fact it has swappable dropouts to convert to singlespeed if i want (so I can perhaps meet up with the tollah and his SS only rides 😉

I know gee off here races both the steel and ti version

The ti review on bikeradar is laughable

Then you launch yourself across bumpy terrain on a well-sorted titanium structure like this it feels as though it gains energy from the bumps, and shimmers you across them before they’ve had a chance to become obstacles.

It’s not as radical as the action of a spring unloading (because a taut frame can’t really ‘unload’) but more like the reverb of a tuning fork, offering precisely the note you were looking for.

So anyone got one? or know someone that has?

the green colour looks AWESOME.

I think i’d be looking at the small size as the 595mm (23.4″) top tube on the medium (18) seems a bit too long for me.

How do you think it would compare to a sanderson life/ cotic soul?

SidewaysTim

Chipps is riding one at the minute. I concur – they look awesome. Nicer finished than the Cotic, no idea about the Sanderson. As far as the ride goes I couldn’t tell you, but the dropouts work a treat and Salsa’s always ride nicely.

Ag

I’ve got an old ‘normal’ dropout Ala Carte, so I’ll vouch for it’s goodness in riding terms. One of the few frames I’ve never considered parting with… by few I mean two. Do spend some time working out sizing as they do have a bit of an in-between geometry.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cynic-al
    Free Member

didn’t one of the niche lot’s Mrs get one?

tollah
    Free Member

Mrssinglespeed stu has the ElMarachi and I would have thought shell be on it on Saturday Gav. If I’m not mistaken it’s almost the same but with bigger wheels!

oxym0r0n

Needs a longer head tube IMO but the dropouts look quite sorted for a SS solution (borrowed from black cat bicycles perhaps?)

It would be on my list if my voodoo wanga died…

trickydisco
    Free Member

oxym0r0n > > Just realised i’ve been riding with you. The STW quantocks ride a few years back when sharki guided the fast group. You’ve got the lovely blue resprayed voodoo with ‘I love haribo’ on the side.

Also seen you once on the quantocks this year.

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’m guessing the wanga is extremely close geometry to my sobo but in steel

loddrik
    Free Member

Trickydisco you sound like a bunny boiler…

trickydisco
    Free Member

yep.. I’m outside his house now 😈

tazzymtb

tricky- the old wanga has very similar geometry, just steel n heavier. There was also the older bokor which was ally with slidey drop out and a slightly shorter top tube.

the salsa looks lovely though and will definitely have a more robust paint finish. if you look at a voodoo the wrong way it sheds all it’s paint 😀

Personally I’d go for the salsa

or get a lovely big wheel like a singular and the you can niche it up with the tollah and all those other freaks

tollah
    Free Member

or get a lovely big wheel like a singular and the you can niche it up with the tollah and all those other freaks

Aye!

oxym0r0n

oxym0r0n > > Just realised i’ve been riding with you. The STW quantocks ride a few years back when sharki guided the fast group. You’ve got the lovely blue resprayed voodoo with ‘I love haribo’ on the side.

That’s the one – didn’t like the cable guides or paint/graphics, hence the change – now stop stalking me 😉

I’ll look out for you :mrgreen:

singlespeedstu

Mrs ssstu does indeed have the El M.

It’ll be with her on saturdays ride if you want to have a closer look at the detailing on the dropouts and stuff.

andrewmoke
    Free Member

trickydisco – Did you buy it, or tried it? Comments??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘salsa ala carte’ is closed to new replies.