Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Salomon sizing?
  • speaker2animals

Hi can anyone guide me about the above? I am after some Salomon walking boots and they are hard to find locally. I know that I should really try them on but ease and cost on net is very attractive.

I have some Karrimor walking boots at 9.5. UK size that fit great. Conversely I have various Specialized cycling shoes and all are 10s due to width.

Any thoughts?

And yes as stated I know I should make the effort and find a shop to try them in.

Ta

Cougar

My Solomons are a regular fit compared to everything else I put on my feet. Dunno about how they compare to the other two there though.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I went from a Karrimor size 10 which was slightly too big to a Salomon size 9.5 and they are the most amazing fit I have ever had.

Jamie
    Free Member

Find a store that does free returns and order a couple of sizes, as everyone will give you differing advice. That way you will be 100% sure you got the right size.

Personally, I found I needed to go 1/2 size up with Salomons, and I am 9 in most other brands (Nike/Converse/Berghaus/Inov8)

aracer
    Free Member

One thing to bear in mind with Salomon is that their base sizing is using the Mondo sizing – ie the Salomons I own are a 26. That sizing appears to be pretty accurate compared to other things I have, but their translation from this to UK sizing (and Euro) is a little strange – that 26 translates to UK 7.5, US 8, EU 41 1/3!! That’s when I’d normally take a UK 7, EU 41 (US 8 – hence their translation between UK and US is off).

I should point out this is with an XC ski boot, the only recent Salomon I’ve bought, so walking boots may be a little different.

sharki
    Free Member

I’m usually a 9 but their GTX felt better in a 8.5, as do their trail shoes.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I would really advise trying them on – I have had Sally’s shoes for years but sizing is always tricky. In the shop they feel small, but relax with wearing. I usually buy 1/2 size up but then tend to regret it once they are worn in. Still better to be a little loose then toe crushing.

the_lecht_rocks

whereas i find i need to go up a size as they’re slim fit normally……..

druidh
    Free Member

I know you know this, but try them on!

After years of blisters and ill-fitting boots, I only ever buy Salomon. I found that the shape of the last they use is somewhat different to every other manufacturer I tried (and I tried a lot!)

In fact, I just buy them online now as I always know they’ll fit.

speaker2animals

Cheers folks. I’m a little reluctant to use a shop to get size right and then buy online. My local stockist is Go Outdoors who advertise a we’ll beat any other price but I suspect not if it’s online.

I could order a 9.5 and 10 and return one but that means having £105 out of my account until the refund hits.

I’ll have a think.

Ta all.

Lucas
    Free Member

Go to go outdoors try on both and then ask if they will price match ,if they say no then you don’t have anything to feel guilty about.

Anyway I love Salomon shoes, I’ve had 11 and 11.5. I guess I’m normally an 11 or 46 in other shoes (such as Shimano, Spesh) but trials have shown that 11.5 (46 2/3)Salomon is perfect

vorlich
    Free Member

Size up with Salomons. Similar sizing to Adidas and Mavic, if that helps.

seanoc
    Free Member

Different Salomon shoes size differently. I’m an 11uk in XA Pro’s and an 11.5uk in Speedcross 3’s. I’m usually a 10.5 in Asics, Nikes, Shimano, Bontrager.

matt_outandabout

druidh speaks sense re trying on.
    I usually am 9 in all else, 9.5 salomon is perfic, slightly narrow, but nice for me.

mcwyc
    Free Member

FWIW
    Onto my third pair of trail running shoes – all at 9.5. I’m normally 9 in everything else – road runners, bikes shoes, shoes….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Salomon sizing?’ is closed to new replies.