Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • salomon gtx shoes on the bike, are they ok?
  • ton

anyone use salomon on the bike.

scotroutes

I use Salomon snow shoe boots on the fatbike. I’ve used lightweight Salomon GTX boots on flats when I’ve been cycling in to climb a hill. (my feet are Salomon shaped)

As long as the pedals are sufficiently grippy I can’t see why there would be a problem.

FWIW, Mavic shoes are made by Salomon.

Chew
    Free Member

I have both a summer a winter pair Tony.

The winter ones have been great at keeping my feet both dry and warm during winter combined with some winter mountaineering socks.

They did take a few rides to bed in until the soles wore in a bit, and fully gripped the pedals and you may need pedals with reasonable length pins.

I’ll be buying another pair if they wear out

plumber
    Free Member

Wearing mine at the moment.

Too nice for the bike and probably a little too floppy

scotroutes

Depends which ones. XA Pros are probably a bit weedy for pedalling but there are various “approach shoes” that are sturdy enough.

honourablegeorge

Salomon seem to think so, it was mentioned in a review on BikeRadar at one point, they were reviewing them as bike shoes

Kamakazie

I’ve not used the GTX’s but we’ve got 3 pairs of Solomon trainers in various guises. I love them but the rubber is probably their weakest aspect.
    Generally slippy in the wet and not great on the bike even in the dry. The rubber is durable but grip suffers as a result.

antigee

had quite a few pairs of Salomon gtx’s – run/walk hills in them and relegate to general footwear as get older – my experience of using them for casual bike riding to the shops/gym/out with kids is that the soles crack, had this happen with several pairs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘salomon gtx shoes on the bike, are they ok?’ is closed to new replies.