Viewing 2 posts - 161 through 162 (of 162 total)
  • Salmond's green energy future for Scotland dream gets a bashing…
  • zokes
    Free Member

Bruce – Does that mean noone wants to go there then? 😉

BruceWee

Not in midgie season anyway. 😉

I’m still reading through that report but it seems like one of the first things that should be cleared up is do we mean electricity or energy.

One thing that stood out for me was the lack of skills base. This is very true since Scotland was a great centre for engineering and industry but those skills have been lost over the last 20 to 30 years and it’s unlikely that they can be replenished from scratch within the next decade.

One thing that I think is overlooked is the huge number of Scottish engineers and technicians working abroad. I have to admit that I’m one of them 😳

The reason I left was because there were simply no good engineering jobs available in Glasgow. If there were then I’m sure I would eventually move back. Hopefully with more emphasis on technology and industry these jobs will be created and I and others like me will start moving back and expanding the skills base.

Edit to add: Anyway, isn’t it the job of politicians to make overly optimistic statements? What would the IMechE’s analysis of Kennedy’s speech where he said America would land a man on the moon within ten years have been?

Viewing 2 posts - 161 through 162 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘Salmond's green energy future for Scotland dream gets a bashing…’ is closed to new replies.