Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Sales – Further Reductions
  • MussEd
    Free Member

I’m awaiting an order from a well-known cycling outfitter from their sale in between Christmas and New Year…It’s due to arrive this afternoon I believe. I’ve just had another email through from the same company offering further reductions…ANd lo and behold before I’ve even got my grubby mitts on the new stuff there’s even more money off…

Do they offer to refund/credit the further discount? As I believe is the case with other online shopping emporia?

Because that is a massive PITA to look and discover that I could’ve saved £25 just by hanging off a few days…Or do I just re-order the stuff and return the originals when they do get here(this seems like a bit off a faff for both parties}

I know I’ll take pelters for asking and for using the retailer in question but no-one like spending money needlessly do they?

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I hate it when they do that.

ask the question they can only say no

djflexure

Every year – and they will reduce again next week.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jamiep
    Free Member

If it is Rapha, email them and they’ll refund the difference no questions.

[STW mode] Although you were seemingly happy to pay the higher price so what’s the problem..[/STW mode]

bramblesummer
    Free Member

Order the newly reduced one from their website. When the first one arrives, keep it and use it to prevent any delay in fun. Then when the second arrives, return that item against the first order (assuming you can return free via the collect plus service) for a full refund.

There are many retailers with an option to tick when returning a product for ‘updated sale price’ (or similar) so they’re well aware of the work around. You’re perfectly within you rights to return an unused item if they change to price within the returns period.

amedias
    Free Member

discover that I could’ve saved £25 just by hanging off a few days

£25 on a £500 item, I’d not be that bothered
    £25 on a £50 item, I’d be annoyed.

I guess that’s the game you play though, prices may go down further but you run the risk of them not having stock if you leave it. Either way, you were obviously happy to buy it at the original price…

Bramblesummer’s suggestion is the way to deal with it if you get nowhere by email and you’re bothered.

craigofscotland
    Free Member

Distance selling rules . .you can send it back . .

Id call them though, explain things, any shop with an IQ above 4 will sort it.

Gary_M
    Free Member

If it’s rapha just wait until the end of the month and they’ll do another 10% off too.

MussEd
    Free Member

Well, in the time it took to do the dishes they’ve replied to my email and offered the difference back. Great customer service! Thank you folks…

honourablegeorge

MussEd – Member
    Well, in the time it took to do the dishes they’ve replied to my email and offered the difference back. Great customer service! Thank you folks…

Common sense – their hands are tied, as you could just return and buy again at the cheaper price, and they’d have the additional overhead of processing a return in that case.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Same boat and i asked (politely!) via email about it and they wouldnt match the price either as credit to future purchases or as partial refund. 🙁

Its not much money (about £15 on a £200 order) but i have to say im not particularly happy about it if others are getting refunded and will make me think again about purchasing in the future 😀

robdob
    Free Member

I suppose the people getting all annoyed that they can’t get a refund so they get the lower price would be perfectly ok with the retailer demanding more money from them if they put their prices up after you had bought something?

A polite enquire might work with the generous retailers but if they say no I don’t think you have any right to be annoyed about it.

MussEd
    Free Member

Same boat and i asked (politely!) via email about it and they wouldnt match the price either as credit to future purchases or as partial refund.

Its not much money (about £15 on a £200 order) but i have to say im not particularly happy about it if others are getting refunded and will make me think again about purchasing in the future

I don’t want anyone getting upset so perhaps I should add more detail – running after a small child so had to be brief earlier – its a credit voucher to the value of the difference as a goodwill gesture cos the order hadn’t arrived yet..still, it’s better than nothing…

peteimpreza

Rapha will as long as the same style/size is still in stock .

Gary_M
    Free Member

its a credit voucher to the value of the difference as a goodwill gesture cos the order hadn’t arrived yet..still, it’s better than nothing…

Buy cheaper one, use credit voucher, send more expensive one back when it does arrive.

pictonroad

anyone else always get Kroner as default currency on the Rapha site.

must. resist.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I’d have thought you frequented STW often enough to know how Rapha sales work, they get discussed often enough! There will be one further round of final reductions in a few days time so you either wait til the end and risk your size selling out, or take the plunge (so theoretically your item could get reduced again next week).

I’ve just bought the cross skinsuit as it’s half price so now competitive with other brands sale-price CX skinsuits, there’s an outside chance they’ll knock another few quid of it, if they do I’ll email em and no doubt get a code which I’ll no doubt use 😳 (I used to be a real hater, til I actually tried their kit….)

At the other extreme Munqe Chick cheekily emailed them when the gilet she’d paid full price for was in the sale several weeks later – they gave her a refund voucher when they could very reasonably have told her to jog on.

jmatlock
    Free Member

I bought the Brevet gillet tonight, the size I wanted and colour I want was at a price I was happy to pay.

May scoop some final bargains next week.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I’ve just bought the cross skinsuit

i got the data skin suit in the last sale, I’ve not used it yet, i look like a fat Zebra in it

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I suppose the people getting all annoyed that they can’t get a refund so they get the lower price would be perfectly ok with the retailer demanding more money from them if they put their prices up after you had bought something?

A polite enquire might work with the generous retailers but if they say no I don’t think you have any right to be annoyed about it.

It’s not that i think i have a right to an extra discount its just that with some brands im happy to pay extra for (at full price outwith sales) because i’ve received customer service that goes beyond what should be expected from every company – in terms of bike stuff this is hope, oakley, assos and rapha. So just getting a ‘standard’ customer service response is a bit disappointing because i expect higher from past experience.

Anyway i contacted them this morning via the ‘race radio’ chat function on their site and was offered the discount code before i’d even asked for one. So happy customer again, it doesnt cost them much for a bit of goodwill which they’ll make back many times over in the future.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’m loling at dirtyrider ” a fat zebra” you’re keeping it then? Can we have some pics please? 🙂

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

dirtyrider – Member
    i got the data skin suit in the last sale, I’ve not used it yet, i look like a fat Zebra in it

dirtyrider earlier.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Ha ha ha awesome 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Sales – Further Reductions’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts