Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Saint R mech play
  • jonk

Anyone with a new type saint rear mech notice quite a bit of play in the top part which links the mech to the hanger? Mine seems to have lots of play for a quite new mech.

messiah
    Free Member

I've heard the same. There was some talk of a Shimano fix but most of my friends now replacing with XT. Shame as I like the short cage…. but not with a short life.

benji_allen
    Free Member

Mine's got quite a lot of play most of the time, then occasionally it'll have no play at all. No idea why. It's tight as, too.

mr_mills
    Free Member

Loads of play in mine too. Works fine though.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Mine had loads of play in a variety of places. A bit of creative shimming has removed most of it.

steel4real
    Free Member

Same with mine, the play in the first pivot (the one that has the bolt ot the hanger) had play from new which got worse very quickly.

I got a warranty replacement.

However, the replacement was just the same so I put a washer in to make that a non pivoting connection like the other shimano shadow mechs.

But, after some infrequent use followed by 7 days in Whistler bike park, the pivot below is as slack as a clowns pocket.

So I figure it's back to an SLX, shame they don't come in a short cage though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Saint R mech play’ is closed to new replies.