Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Saint Pedals v Nano's
  • deano8
    Free Member

Just killed my old Nano’s, great pedals but being a tart I love the look of the Saints.
    Will I regret buying Saints or won’t I notice any difference?

chakaping
    Free Member

Not much difference in feel I thought.

Slightly prefer nanos fwiw.

scruff
    Free Member

Saints are smaller but have a bit more concave and the insides arent made from cheese. I prefer Saints.

godzilla
    Free Member

Hated Nano’s, saints are ok, save up for some Vaults.

andybrad

have (had) both. saints appear to be better built but are slightly more dished so if not using properly stiff shoes i get pain on my little toe.

both are good however i think the saints appear to be harder wearing

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Just had this dilema, went for saints because im a tart and i needed to hit £100 on crc to get ze discount 😛

They are really pretty! Feel solid, only gripes would be they are somewhat hefty and i find the pin length a bit weird, with the spacers they are quite short without they are super aggressive, fortunately i wear shin guards coz those are gonna do some damage!

Scamper
    Free Member

Just bought some Saint’s – yet to try but as said they look great, smaller, more concave and are 40g a pair heavier if that really bothers you.

Moving over from Nanos as the insides need replacing yet again, and by the time I’ve bought the kit and drift out the bushes I may as well bought a new pair (or equally cheap saints). Apart from that I got on with them fine.

deano8
    Free Member

Thanks for comments so far, I use five tens so I have a good amount of support etc:)

Every now and then when climbing my foot rolls off the front of the pedal on my Nano’s,
    will a more concave pedal help combat this??

jonnyblease
    Free Member

The new Nano pedals come out in the next few weeks and look pretty good. Might be worth holding fire until then!

bianchiboy
    Free Member

Have ordered some Saints from CRC @£36.50 which seems good to me,don’t know much about Nano’s tbh

deano8
    Free Member

Every now and then when climbing my foot rolls off the front of the pedal on my Nano’s, will a more concave pedal help combat this??

Karl33to
    Free Member

Every now and then when climbing my foot rolls off the front of the pedal on my Nano’s, will a more concave pedal help combat this??

That sounds like either bad shoes or bad foot positioning.
    I think the only time it’s happened to me is when I’ve been wearing running trainers.

deano8
    Free Member

I guessing foot position, but would a more concave pedal help my foot mis placement?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

How’d you kill the nano?

deano8
    Free Member

One snapped off pin level with the platform, worn bushing on one side and now silver and pink instead of red.
    It’s virtually cheaper to replace than service/repair 🙁

dirtyrider
    Free Member

thats not killed

deano8
    Free Member

I’d have to buy a tool to re thread the broken pin, and then the service kit, agreed maybe killed is a bit excessive and I’ve no complaints about the pedal as they’ve lasted 3/4 years of abuse and been ace.
    Maybe I should just buy the same pedals again.
    Just wondering whether I’d be better suited to the Saints??

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I’ll give you a fiver 😉

dirtyrider
    Free Member

1 pin? just ride them, there part of the cage missing on my Twenty6 Prerunners, guess what? they still function the same

service kit is £14.99

daveh
    Free Member

I’ve both and prefer the Saints. The Nanos are big, flat and run quite a long pin length. The Saints seem to have no less outright grip using the shorter pin length and the concave feels nicer to my feet.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Saint Pedals v Nano's’ is closed to new replies.