Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Saint Pedals
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

I normally ride with my time atacs.. but when it’s muddy or technical I’ll swap to flats.
    I have some wellgo B25’s that I reluctantly put on.. I don’t find them that grippy..obviously footware is a factor.

How do the saints compare?

wukfit
    Free Member

Haven’t tried the wellgo so can’t tell you how they compare.
    But I do have saints fitted to two of my bike and really like them,
    I’ve removed the washers on the pins and wear either Freeriders or VXI’s
    They can be picked up for about £35 or so, making them blooming good value for money

milko9000
    Free Member

I like my Saint pedals plenty, compared with the Superstar nano on my other bike I would hesitate to pick a clear winner. Not used those wellgos but I would bet your footwear is the biggest factor, looking at the picture.

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

I like my Saints too but Nanos are IMO grippier, lighter, cheaper and have a bigger platform.

Scamper
    Free Member

As above, Nano lighter, bigger platform and possibly grippier. Had one or two slips on my Saints wearing AM41’s, but removing the washers fixed that. Saints just look and feel better built though with no axle wobble.

philfive
    Free Member

You need to remove the washers on the saints and then they are lovely and grippy.

MSP

I have some saints on my downhill bike, they’re ok, but I am replacing them with straightlines (which I used to have and now regret selling). I think the saints are more suited to “all mountain” type riding where you position your foot more under the ball rather than the middle of the foot. To me they just never feel quite right, but if you are pedalling the bearings on shimano pedals just stay smooth forever.

The tracking tells me my new pedals have been delivered, so I will be up for selling the saints.

andymc06
    Free Member

MSP – interested if they are in good nick.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Sounds like most people recommend the nano then?

tomd
    Free Member

I have Nanos and Saint pedals. Both are good, although I would go with the Saints. I find the Nanos a bit too big and grippy with all the pins in. The Saints are a good balance and very nicely made.

edward2000
    Free Member

I’ve had both. I much prefer the Saints. They seem to allow the shoe to mold into the pedal, as if the pedal has a concave shape to them, if that makes any sense? Thus i think they feel comfier and more secure than the Nanos.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Sounds like most people recommend the nano then?

sounds like as many people recommend the Saint with the washer shims removed to lengthen the pins. Ive got both (well, Kona Wah Wah which is one of many rebrands of the nano) and prefer my Saints. Recently done a weeks guided riding in Turkey, no slippage with my AM40s.

Plus, every time someone buys a Superstar component a crow scratches a baby’s face and a fairy drowns in a kitten’s tears.

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

I had some and they were OK, lasted about 6 months andthey had lots of wear on them. I bit the bullet and shelled out for some Vaults and they were 100% worth it. Much nicer platform than the saint, feels like your foot proper sits in them and the grip better too. £75 ish if you shop about.

I have always refused to spend that much on pedals but now I have I can honestly say they are worth it.

Karl33to
    Free Member

The saints are lovely, but the bearings were shot after 3 months on mine, whereas my less nicerer Superstar’s are still going strong after 18 months.

Spank Spike will be my next flat pedal purchase.

chrishc777
    Free Member

I have wellgos on both bikes and they are great (360gram mag pedals for £40) as long as you change the pins! both my sets, although different models, both came with really short pins, once swapped over they are great.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Cheers for the comments…bought some Saints from CRC today..

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Saint Pedals’ is closed to new replies.