Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Saint cranks with 30t narrow wide anyone?
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone with the latest saint cranks has managed to run a 30t chainring? There doesn’t look like there would be clearence, but the raceface ring has off set tabs, so maybe possible?!

mrphil
    Free Member

The 30t is threaded as opposed to normal chain ring bolts. Going by the picture it looks like a no goer.

*edit, seems the bolts are capped so yes the 30t will work.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Sorry for the ancient bump up, but did this work? Before I make a bad mistake on order new cranks for myself….

rp16v
    Free Member

Unsure how close the saints are to zee but i run a hope 30t n\w on my zee`s

vorlich
    Free Member

Unsure how close the saints are to zee but i run a hope 30t n\w on my zee`s

Same here. Blackspire n/w.

nick1962
    Free Member

I use a 30t Raceface NW with the older 810 Saint cranks,no probs.
    Which may or may not be of help.

br
    Free Member

Run a Hope 30T with my older SLX’s.

Mbnut
    Free Member

What… br are you running 1 x 10… ha… converted!!

Bagstard
    Free Member

Hi Doug, I never actually tried it in the end, but think it would be fine apart from the nice saint chainring bolts wouldn’t be usable.

I have my saint cranks for sale if interested?! 175mm with 83mm BB.

br
    Free Member

Mbnut – do I know you? 🙂

Yep, bought a s/h FS on here and it came with 1×10 – but 32T and 11-36 was too much like hard work around here, so put a T-Rex on the back and 30T on the front.

Converted to the idea now, but not sure about the HT as I really need a granny-gear for those long days.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I have my saint cranks for sale if interested?! 175mm with 83mm BB.

After 170 I’m afraid, but thanks.
    How have you (or anyone in fact) found them for general trail riding, when I was searching around last night on the chainring fitting, a couple of reviews suggested the slightly thicker crank arms meant they were not ideal when pedaling.
    I can live with the extra weight on the trail bike, but not if they foul the pedal stroke at all.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I can’t say I noticed anything out of the ordinary with them, but I’m probably not that fussy!SLX on my new bike and I can’t say I noticed any difference.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Saint cranks with 30t narrow wide anyone?’ is closed to new replies.