Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sailing with Team GB
  • warton
    Free Member

a project I was working on last year has won an internal company award. The Prize? an all expenses paid trip to Cowes to spend a day sailing with the Team GB sailing team!

Should be a laugh!

sambob
    Free Member

Sounds good. What boat(s)?

warton
    Free Member

4 man lasers I think? never been sailing, so it can only be downhill from this experience…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    theflatboy
    Free Member

don’t make Ben Ainslie angry…

warton
    Free Member

unfortunately he won’t be there, thinks something called the americas cup is more important than meeting me. Idiot

bikebouy
    Free Member

Woohoo you, sounds fantastic, I really hope you get to enjoy the day, the people and the hospitality.. Get wet, smell the sea and drink beer..

Sounds like you’ll be on an SB3 which is a smallish keelboat/big dinghy in the sports post category, they’re fun and if it’s windy you’ll get wet..
    Most excellent.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Wow, just noticed your post, warton. I should have made the proviso that I know little and care less about sailing. Apologies for my embarrassing faux pas.

andyl
    Free Member

I think he was tongue in cheek calling Ben an idiot not you! 😀

theflatboy
    Free Member

ah right, yep that makes more sense! i must be having a particularly sensitive day… 😳

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ah right, yep that makes more sense! i must be having a particularly sensitive day…

Idiot.

😉

theflatboy
    Free Member

😆

🙁

yetidave
    Free Member

Back to the o/p gloat – i would love to go sailing with Team GB, I’ve sailed against some of them in the past, but to get the chance on the same boat, enjoy it…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sailing with Team GB’ is closed to new replies.