Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Said goodbye to my best buddy today (dog content)
  • santacruzsi
    Free Member

Well after 13 years together, i had to let my best buddy Heidi go today. Had her from 12 weeks old as a puppy and we had many adventures together. A crazy springer, but full of love and gave a lot of love and affection back to those around her. Unfortunately the past few months she developed a tumour in her mouth which gradually got bigger, until the past 36 hours it got worse and was bleeding. It was hard to see her in distress and not responsive so with a heavy heart i took her for one last trip in the car where she was laid to rest.

I’ll miss the crazy bugger, the house feels so empty without her. I know the STW collective are silly dog people too so thought i’d share my pain with you all. Sleep well Heidi dog….be good…. 🙁

wallop

😥

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I hate these threads. 🙁

Heidi’s off to chase the eternal rabbit. Sounds like you gave her the best life up until that point.

mikey74
    Free Member

Is it me or did it get quite dusty in here all of a sudden?

Don’t be sad she’s gone, be happy she was in your life.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

yes, they’re never easy to read these threads, but i know dogs give a lot of pleasure. they can also break your heart. 🙁 she had a good life and was loved and cared for throughout. She’ll be up there now with all those tennis balls…! 😯

cardo

Sorry for your loss mate…. it’s dusty in here 😥

Caher

Had to take my parents dog to the vet the other day as he could no longer see, hear or walk – 16 year Jack. Big hole in our lives now.

iolo
    Free Member

Wow, such kind eyes for a dog. It broke my heart when my dog Jarvis passed away. It gets a bit easier after time but she will always be a part of you. Sleep tight Heidi.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry to hear about Heidi. 🙁

If you gave her a good life, then that’s about the lot of it. Can’t do any more than that.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

yes she had lovely eyes, i think she thought she was a human! to be fair, she was treated like one, but she deserved it!

simmy
    Free Member

Big virtual hugs.

I’ve 3 dogs and my oldest is slowing down a bit. Dreading the time coming.

Thoughts with you OP

Wookster

Oh mate, you did a lovely kind unselfish thing today. It a terribly sad thing to do as so many of us know. But she’s so happy right now as you know.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Sorry for your loss. …..I’m going to give my springer an extra long hug tonight

DezB
    Free Member

It was bad enough being ‘split up’ from my dog, must be a very sad time for you, sorry mate.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Why do I click on these threads? Really sorry to hear your news. Our staffie cross has given us 3 scares in as many months. We know there’s one coming soon that’s he’s not going to bounce back from. I’m expecting to be in pieces when it happens despite the warning we’ve got.

granny_ring

Sorry for your loss OP.
    Hope the happy memories help in the difficult times.

jamj1974

She will always be with you. We grieve because we loved and if we didn’t grieve we would not have loved enough.

Gorgeous picture of her.

sandboy

Just try to remember all the great memories you have of your adventures. I feel your pain. 😥

sime46
    Free Member

Such a very distressing time. Very sorry for you. Went through a similar thing three years ago. Wife and I still get teary. We’ve now got a crazy idiot cocker who’s just two. We love them so much. Unconditionally.

onehundredthidiot

Truly sorry for your loss.

Came home a few weeks ago to find OH in tears just about the thought of losing our dug.

To be fair she’s on hormones but I still am sad about future loss.

onehundredthidiot

Oh and you gave her a great life. I lost one at six months but we had a mental time together.

Aus
    Free Member

Had this with my springer not long back. So sorry but remember how much you gave her, and she you.

Pigface
    Free Member

Bad news 🙁 They become part of everyday life and leave such a hole when they go. Condolences

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Thanks for all your words, it helps.mhard not having her about, maybe we take them for granted. Got up to go the loo during the night and normally I’d pop my head in the back bedroom where she slept to see how she was ( she used to like sleeping in back bedroom on spare bed!) but it’s hard knowing she’s not here. Had some great times, some good adventures together and lots of happy times.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Take comfort that you gave her a great life and clearly loved her.

Sorry for your loss mate.

fionap

Sorry to read this. You clearly gave her a lovely life and did the right thing for her at the end. 😥

Gonna give my sprocker some extra hugs and treats today. It is easy to take them for granted.

thehustler
    Free Member

slimjim78
    Free Member

It’s great to know that you gave Heidi such a brilliant home, and a lovely dog got to live a full life and realise its potential. Kudos to you my man.

It’s always so hard saying goodbye to the furry buggers, may I suggest heading out and awarding Heidi Mk2 an equally brilliant life.

snakebite
    Free Member

Its horrible losing them.

mine sends his love

eskay

We had ours put down about 2 months ago (16.5 yrs old!). Still cannot get used to not catching her out of the corner of my eye or getting under my feet when I am in the kitchen. They leave a big hole.

Drac

Awwww! 🙁

skellnonch
    Free Member

Sorry to hear about this, my boy is 10 now and slowing noticeably, can’t help thinking about the inevitable and I know I will be in bits when the day comes. I hate it that they are with us for such a short time, mans best friend indeed RIP Hiedi.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

RIP heidi :(.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Yeah, condolences Mate 🙁

My labradinger is 8 today and send his condolences too! 🙁

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Said goodbye to my best buddy today (dog content)’ is closed to new replies.