• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by cnud.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Sahmurai tubeless repair kit (video content)
  • cnud
    Free Member

Did anyone else see this? I like the fact that it means I don’t have to rummage around in my pack losing air
    clicky for linky

thegreatape
    Free Member

Like that, very neat.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Yip, good idea. Likey.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cnud
    Free Member

I’m now looking what some bar end caps and sugru can do as I don’t suppose they’re going to be distributed anytime soon

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You wouldn’t need sugru, a set of hope bar end caps, drill out the bolt on the inside, and epoxy in the anchovy insertion tool and wee file. Just need to be tight enough to stay in the bars.

cnud
    Free Member

Hmmm, Blue Peter time

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Really nice idea, I’m not running tubeless but if I was I’d consider this essential.

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive never had a tubeless puncture requiring anchovying. Is it a common occurrence?

jota180
    Free Member

Me neither

But saying that, I’ve never had a motorbike tubeless puncture but I still carry a repair kit for some reason, must be the Boy Scout in me 🙂

cnud
    Free Member

Flint tends to be a tubeless killer. Plenty of it where I ride

Suggsey
    Free Member

I did, first one sealant refused to seal in the snow as it was pretty much used up on thorn punctures…….one anchovy and sealed up a treat and no need to dismount tyre, just topped up sealant through valve.

trout
    Free Member

I have just such a puncture last week a shard of glass left a 6 mm cut would have been perfect for a plug system like that

It did seal after about 10 mins of walking with the bike and is still sealed but a plug would have sorted it straight away

PrinceJohn

My first ride on tubeless I pinched a tyre & put a hole in it too big to seal, put a tube in & then put a 6 inch nail through the tyre & tube, literally 200m down the trail, it then started to rain. Some days you are not supposed to go riding.

I repaired it with a Hutchinson patch – that looks cool tho.

Mugboo

Between me and my riding mates we’ve used these anchovies loads (I didn’t know they were called anchovies…), mine are from Weldtite and live in my bag but if your a racer, these look perfect.

njee20
    Free Member

I dunno what it is, I just have some aversion to making holes in a tyre! I’m sure it would be a very quick fix though – indeed the way he even stops the tyre deflating looks great!

cnud
    Free Member

I see from Twitter that these kits are now available from Airshot in the UK. Retailers of another good idea that I wish I’d had. Nothing to do with me BTW. Think I’ll get one and see if it’s any good.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Sahmurai tubeless repair kit (video content)’ is closed to new replies.