Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • sag/travel rubber band on fox forks
  • iain1775
    Free Member

tragically1969 – Member
    I cant believe this thread, is it just be me that thinks the idea of taking a pair of forks to bits just to install a sodding o-ring is utterly f**king nuts…seriously, utterly f**king nuts…..

OP, both you and your mate need a reality check, stick a cable tie on, do what you gotta do then take it off.

Im with you dude
    No seriously I am
    I wouldnt want not to be, way to angry to be on the wrong side of
    You do have a point though, one I maybe made in a maybe subtler way earlier on

If it holds the man up on the parallel bars I am sure it will work here on a smaller scale.

😀

oxnop
    Free Member

**** me – i've always used 2 x small zip ties fastened together on the right leg – i've even got one on my rear shock. No issues ever

FWIW i've got some 2010 150 RLC FIT & 2010 Talas RLC FIT on my bikes and neither came with the o ring as mentioned above – hence the ties.

You can even get coloured zip ties to match your colour coded headset/skewer/QR 😆

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Amazed no one has called Troll!!

Agreed, no one in their right mind would dismantle brand new forks to add an O Ring for setup purposes!

The bike I picked up on Friday is the first I've has with a fork O ring. Ok, it might make setup a lttle easier, but the forks have already been set to my weight, I definitely wouldn't fret over it having managed fine for the last 10+ years!!!

granny_ring

I use a c*ck ring on mine

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i told you guys it was a shit thread in the original post, i apologized in advance, my mate is a tart and wants it done! sorry wasn't trolllllllling, i know its quite pathetic, i wouldnt have it done until i needed them servicing etc, i can see the benefits of it but not to dismantle a new fork 😆 ….rest assured i told him he was a ponce for wanting it done, still its his choice 8)

anyways thanks guys, got the answer i needed thanks to locotuning 🙂 thanks again

Dancake
    Free Member

I genuinely Laughed out loud at this thread…

Inbred456
    Free Member

OCD springs to mind. I would see a doctor and get help first. Then take the forks to the LBS to put them back together properly.

cynic-al
    Free Member

LoCo – Member
    If it moves at the start of a muddy midwinter ride and your riding round for 3 or 4 hours with it grinding away at you stantions it isn't great.

such a shame the damage you do to your business with stuf like that.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘sag/travel rubber band on fox forks’ is closed to new replies.