Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sagging Pikes
  • nickfry228
    Free Member

Hi guys,
    I tried putting a bottomless token in my dual position RCT3 Pikes. I’ve put the same air pressure in the forks, and stood in the garage they feel great. As soon as I ride, within 100m they have compressed all the way. They’re not losing any pressure, and as soon as I get off, they go back to full travel.
    I’ve tried putting higher air pressure in, doing the BOS add 10psi and 10 gentle compressions, and I’ve taken the token out but to no avail.
    Anyone know what I’ve done wrong?
    Ta.

damascus
    Free Member

I might be wrong but I don’t think you can put them in dual position forks.

What are they doing when you’ve removed them?

nickfry228
    Free Member

Hi
    Yes you can, they’re not threaded like the single position.
    ANYWAY, after 2hrs of f%#king around, I’ve found the problem!!!
    When I took them apart the other night, whilst scratching my head as I didn’t realise that there was two types of bottomless token, I had a look at the travel adjust. What I didn’t see was two microscopic bearings on even smaller springs.
    It turns out that one of the bearings had fallen out, and the other one was dislodged. How I don’t know, but I found the little blighter sitting in all the dust and crap on the garage floor.
    Put them both where they should be and hey presto, they’re fine!!!

andymb
    Free Member

Hi nickfry228,
    I’m wanting to put a token of two in my dual position pikes – could you just clarify where the two bearings and springs are so that i know to avoid them?
    thanks, andy

nickfry228
    Free Member

Hi Andymb,
    When you’ve lifted out the air shaft, don’t undo it from the valve assembly! Inside the air assembly/travel adjust, is where the little buggers are. It was only me having a bit of a moment that caused the problem

damascus
    Free Member

Excellent news, seems rs have changed it from 2014 onwards. It seems you have to use specific dual position tokens.

This page gives details on suggested amounts of tokens.

https://sram.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205649428-Can-I-use-bottomless-tokens-in-my-Dual-Position-fork-

andymb
    Free Member

When you’ve lifted out the air shaft, don’t undo it from the valve assembly!

so you slide the tokens UP (i.e from the bottom) onto the air shaft ?

thanks for helping a thicko !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sagging Pikes’ is closed to new replies.