Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Safety razor shaving virgin info required?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Ok, having read with interest the recent thread regards traditional shaving i decided to give it a go.

Have ordered an Edwin Jagger safety razor and brush which comes with derby blades, however not sure what type of product to use for the shave soap or cream?

Any regular shavers recommendations for a newbie?

McHamish
    Free Member

Phew…the thread topic had me worried for a minute.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Oh god!!!!! just read it back 😳 😳 😳

LycraLout
    Free Member

I prefer soap to cream and am happy with Mitchell’s Wool Fat. That comes as a block, needing a mug or bowl to hold it (more money). Also, I picked up a plastic bowl of Erasmic which is ok (£1.99 IIRC) and a stick of Tabac for travelling – again ok, but Wool Fats the best. It does take a minute or two to whip up a decent foam though.
    All IMHO.
    Clicky here for site with reviews

McHamish
    Free Member

Can’t help with the shaving business though…I have an electric razor.

Diane
    Free Member

Be gentle

thejesmonddingo

Try Palmolive to start,50p a stick from your local supermarket.Worth reading this http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/FAQ .
    Ian

will
    Free Member

Haha best thread title ever 😆

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

A clean chin isn’t going to get you laid….

LycraLout
    Free Member

however, it causes less discomfort if the virgin is shaved

bigbloke
    Free Member

I soooo wish i read the title properly before posting on here of all places.

Keef
    Free Member

I want my money back ! (gigety)

chewkw
    Free Member

😆 @ thread title.

Any of these … I have them all.

1. Palmolive shave stick (my favourite at the moment – grated down into a small bowl and use it like any other expensive shave soap) 49p to 67p.

2. Palmolive shaving tube cream for use with shaving brush. £1.68 to £2.

3. Ingram shaving tube cream for use with shaving brush (blue label) (note: Not the brushless green lable) £1.68 to £2.

4. Nivea Sensitive aftershave balm – alcohol free with very minimum scent. £4.75 to £5.75.

Note: you don’t need aftershave with aftershave balm but if you like you can.

5. Aftershave – Old Spice or Brut … less than £5.

🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Safety razor shaving virgin info required?’ is closed to new replies.