• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Safety Pins
  • nathb
    Free Member

Who’s come up with the best solution to a problem that doesn’t really exist unless you’re picky and don’t like adding holes to jerseys…

I’m talking about safety pins & race numbers that have to be on your side (perfect for catching wind).

What’s the best non safety pin method of attachment??

scotroutes

There are little plastic clips designed for this. Some events provide them.

http://www.eventclip.net

jonba
    Free Member

Roadie?

I’ve always pinned the numbers over my pockets. Good enough for the pros and you can add more for aero gains and stopping them pinging off when rooting in your pocket for a gel.

TT skinsuit or speedsuit – nopinz or get the tabs sewn on so you aren’t pinning to the skinsuit itself.

CX and Hill climb arm numbers – elastic tied to the holes can work but again no pins make something or you could fasion an arm band in the same way.

The magnet and plastic clip things seem to come undone from what I’ve seen.

nathb
    Free Member

@scotroutes – Eventclips look good!

@jonba – yeah roadie, the numbers have to be pinned on your side, like this.

redthunder
    Free Member

nathb
    Free Member

@redthunder – work’s blocked that picture whatever it is 😆

t-p26
    Free Member

I`ve seen Tank /gaffa/duck tape used to attach numbers in MTB categories, dont know about the road.
    As long as the number is identifyable use anything?

scaredypants

cling film wrap ?

Sam

I’ve been using 3M 77 adhesive spray for numbers on skinsuits (track) and it works really well. You just need to work on the technique a little to get the right amount of glue and tack time. They stick well enough not to come off over the course of a night’s racing but come off when you need them to without leaving any residue on the suit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Safety Pins’ is closed to new replies.