Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Safe place to lock a bicycle at Ft Bill World Cup?
  • krixmeister

Thinking of biking down from Spean Bridge. Is there anywhere “safe enough” at the venue to lock a bike up for the day? Or too many opportunistic scrotes around, and best just to take the bus?

falkirk-mark

Round a big tree, you will find plenty of them there.

duir
    Free Member

Always locked mine in the fenced off bike area with the 100 other bikes. There are fences, barriers and trees to lock to. Never had one stolen.

rabhill
    Free Member

I forgot to take a lock one year and left my bike unlocked, all day in the fenced bike park up area no problem.
    Safety in numbers I figured.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My mate does it every year, rides in from town, then rides the trails around the forest for a couple of hours, by which time the traffics gone…

km79
    Free Member

There is a designated bike lockup area, it’s quite large and just off the main entrance. Always a large amount of bikes in there, not sure how secure it is, occasionally you do hear of bikes getting nicked.

jonnym92

We locked ours together at the designated spot, I was apprehensive but all was fine. Was some very high spec bikes in the lock-up including our own. It was definitely worth riding in though, saves messing about with the traffic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Safe place to lock a bicycle at Ft Bill World Cup?’ is closed to new replies.