Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Safe-mail and similar instant email account sites
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

Two weeks after its massive server crash, safe-mail.net is still down. I expect it will be that way for quite a while, perhaps permanently. Can you recommend any similar providers of no questions asked instant disposable email accounts? Also, I have E2EE encrypted accounts with Protonmail, tutanota, and Ghostmail, but are there any others which are good? preferably android friendly.

brassneck

You might want to rethink Protonmail too

http://www.itproportal.com/2015/11/06/protonmail-ddosed-asked-for-ransom/

.. the DDoS is probably a distraction if it really is state sponsored.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Yes, it makes you wonder if they were compromised. I don’t consider any encrypted email as 100% unbreakable, but any extra strain imposed on the NSA/GCHQ computers is worth it. Every little helps.

brassneck

It’s definitely an area where you need to make your own decision on what is ‘good enough’. So I just use gmail and don’t write anything I would care if someone else read.. I come down on the availability / ease of use side of the argument for personal use – gets a bit more complicated on the work front..

wwaswas

Surely someone advocating everyone carrying a gun to protect themselves from terrorists would also not be using/supporting encrypted/anonymous email services that said terrorists might use to organise their activities?

They would, instead, expect an open, user identified, system of communtication that the state could use to monitor activity for suspicious content and behaviour?

Cougar

I use mail.com for a ‘disposable’ account – actually just the one address that I use when I don’t want to give out details in web forms. Seems ok, and it’s sufficiently removed from my real accounts that there’s no danger of identity bleed from Facebook plugins and suchlike.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Safe-mail and similar instant email account sites’ is closed to new replies.