• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by StuF.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Safari Crashing
  • iolo
    Free Member

Safari has become unusable on my 2015 macbook pro.
    It was fine but today, every time i try to type a web address it crashes.
    I’ve done a virus scan with Sophos and doesn’t seem to have anything.

This is a screenshot

Any ideas on how to fix it?

ninfan
    Free Member

How odd, my iPad doing the same this morning.

ninfan
    Free Member

Twitter says to turn off ‘suggestions’ in safari settings, has worked here on iOS

easygirl

Same here on iPad
    Tried restart
    Turning off suggestions, but still crashing

easygirl

Ooh reset and turned off safari suggestions again and it all back to normal

euain

Looking at OP’s screenshot – maybe turn off Adblocker and see if it works OK? Maybe something updated there?

I see I’ve fallen foul of blocked words.. turn off the extension that blocks ads – the one that’s mentioned in the stack trace – and see if it makes any difference.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

SWMBO just collared me with the same issue. Turning off suggestions and clearing the cache seems to have worked.

scuttler

Turning off Safari Suggestions worked for me on an iPhone.

Tiger6791

zippykona

Can we talk about this?
    Apple is one of the biggest companies in the world.How did this happen?
    Surely any changes are checked and double checked. Can any one of the apple boffins just **** about with the settings as they see fit? Does their supervisor not have to sign off on it?
    The amount of times apple have problems do you think Samsung hack them?
    Will the person responsible be sacked or disciplined?
    **** up on a global scale shouldn’t just be accepted . “Oh that’s like really cool dude apple have **** up again,but don’t worry I’ve not got any **** socks on and I’m drinking coffee that a monkey has just shit out.”
    Blind acceptance is a sign of stupid fools who stand in line.

sportsmatch
    Free Member

On the macbook in private browser works go to file then open new private window
    turn off safari suggestions works on iPhone and iPad

mrsfry
    Free Member

I use Firefox (insert me sitting on top of a pile of Safari user, drinking tea) It’s w world wide safari crash. Just chill 8)

zilog6128

On the macbook in private browser works go to file then open new private window
    turn off safari suggestions works on iPhone and iPad

You can also turn off Safari Suggestions on your Mac, it’s in Preferences -> Search.

MacRumors suggest it’s a problem with Apple’s servers rather than an update to iOS or OS X so hopefully they can correct it quickly.

peekay

My work phone is an iPhone.

I believe that I have restricted all updates and syncing with Apple. (I use it purely to make calls, and texts, check news website abs use an outlook email app)I am not signed in to app store or iTunes, and I keep getting a pop up every few weeks asking if I want to install updates to ios 9.2.1 (I am currently 8.1.1). I decline the updates.

If I have not updated anything, why is safari suddenly crashing today?

peekay

Zilog answered my question.

StuF
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Safari Crashing’ is closed to new replies.