Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Saddles that get you further back on the bike?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Do they exist?

I realise that they may not be the lightest due to the extra leverage involved, but I could live with that for an extra 10-20mm reward extension.

Any recommendations welcome, but extra points for something SDG BellAir shaped!

Cheers in advance.

survivor

Don’t think the exist.

Are you using a layback post? This is the only effective way of getting further back.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Using a Reverb post, not that I use it much, I have a Thomson layback but that is not extreme, I would rather keep the dropper THB.

Cheers.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    survivor

Users of layback posts aren’t blessed with much choice when it comes to dropper posts. I’m in the same boat.
    I use a KS dropzone(been very reliable and has 20mm offset) but am desperate for something with more travel. Only choice seems to the 9point8 post with the optional layback head but is stupidly expensive.

Are you tall by any chance?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I’m 6′, large 2012 transition bandit 29er which I thought would fit me but my leg extension is causing me pain as its a bit forward for me as I’m long in the leg (33″ inside leg)

Cheers.

mattbee

I found my 27.5″ Bandit in a large fine, at 6’2″ with a 34″ inside leg & a Thomson dropper.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Specialized Command Post has a setback head (and is awesomely reliable to boot).

survivor

I don’t think leg length in itself is a good measure of comfort. From what I’ve read it’s femur length. I’m 6’2 on an XL Orange and was hoping I could finally use a normal dropper when I got it……. Nope… Knee pain…. Layback/offset post and I’m fine though.

Bloody annoying as I want all the choice our shorter femur’d brothers have…

Also with a trend of seattubes getting steeper I’m definitely going to have to demo whatever I buy next and there’s another problem. Getting a demo bike in an XL…..

Tall person problems…..

survivor

Oh yeah. Forgot about the spcealized post. I’d discounted it for me it’s only 125mm drop which I’ve already got…

scotroutes

It’s a long shot but what about an I Beam saddle and a suitable dropper post?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Plus…

Job done.

poah
    Free Member

There is a specific 29er saddle that gives extra rail length.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I won’t shell out for a new dropper as I just don’t use them enough, I’m nearly as old skool as flashy 😀

I may try a standard setback post with more layback than the Thompson thought, CR have a good deal on a 25mm 3t that seems worth a punt.

poah, tell me more please.

Edit.

It’s a long shot but what about an I Beam saddle and a suitable dropper post?

That reminds me as I have/ had Ibeam, why can they go further back than normal saddles?

Cheers.

Bregante

ratherbeintobago

There is a specific 29er saddle that gives extra rail length.

Fizik Thar?

molgrips
    Free Member

I have discovered that saddles have the sit bone support in different places. I went from an WTB saddle that I had all the way back on the rails to an SDG one that I had to move about 3cm forward.

Bez

Cycleball bike?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I thought it a sensible enough question, but hey ho, such is life.

poah
    Free Member

Fizik Thar

Yeah that’s the one

letmetalktomark

OP …. It’s worth looking at the Brooks Cambian range.

I picked a couple up earlier this year ( C17) and the range of adjustment/length of rails is much better than any other saddle I have. I have managed to use an inline post on one bike that previously had a layback post on.

Maybe worth a look.

theocb
    Free Member

Do you remember the Scott solution??

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Yeah that’s the one

Isn’t that designed to get you further forward rather that backward?

letmetalktomark, looking at the pics it doesn’t seem as if it will let me go back, what were you using beforehand? molegrips has an interesting POV, I’ll look into that.

Cheers.

letmetalktomark

I was using an SDG Bel Air before

fooman

I had an adapter that put a saddle back a couple of cm, used it on top of a reverb. Ultimately I got a bigger bike and didn’t need it any more.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Saddles that get you further back on the bike?’ is closed to new replies.